OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  s3than 9 years, 5 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

s3than
    Participant

I’m receiving installation issues related to node.js

The error on installation is the following.

Generating require.js build config
    Running code optimizer
    [RuntimeException]
    sh: 1: node: not found
    oro:requirejs:build

However on ubuntu I have nodejs installed
    nodejs -v
    v0.10.25

It appears that ORO isn’t picking it up?

I am unable to use the Installed Packages either as I receive an AJAX error I believe it may be related.

Thank you

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

s3than
    Participant

SOLVED – Resolution for this issue

In Ubuntu as stated NodeJS uses nodejs rather then node as a program already exists with that name in apt-get.

To resolve the issue during install set in the config.yml

Currently a warning will still display but the install should work. I put up a pull request for a check based on the config.yml.

Jowo
    Participant

Or you can symlink node to nodejs.

s3than
    Participant

True, I’d rather solve the issue by using the application itself then by altering the system. Either way should have some documentation. I’ve sent through a pull request with the config.yml change in the readme.md but I think your answer should be added as well.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – Installation/Technical Issues or Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.