OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – How do I? Questions Simple how to customise area of code?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  David Lukac 10 years, 2 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

southside
    Participant

Yoav / Forum

Can you help with a simple customisation example to help get me started on how to make code changes to OROCRM?

Example if I wanted to make the following change where would find the files to edit and how would I edit them without forking.

On the contact form view where you have a box/panel at the bottom of the form to display calls.

This panel is fine but it does not display the call notes just the subject.

As an example my client would need to be able to see the call notes without leaving the contact.

I would normally customise the form and add maybe an expanding + to allow the user to show hide the actual call notes for each call shown in the panel.

That would be easy with a bit of Javascript given normal .php .html .js pages but as your system is different I am struggling to see how to make such a simple change.

If you have a minute to guide me it might serve as a good example I will then likely be able to follow and make other changes.

I hope someone can guide me I am a complete Symfony2 / OROCRM novice.

Southside

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Yevhen Shyshkin
    Participant

Hello, southside

Manual how to extend Symfony bundle – http://symfony.com/doc/current/cookbook/bundles/inheritance.html.

In this specific case you need to override Calls widget – you can do that in several ways:
    1) Extend correspondent controller action in CallBundle (CallController::callsAction) and make all required fixes – changes will be applied to all instances of this widget;
    2) Extend only template of Calls widget (OroCRM/Bundle/CallBundle/Resources/views/Call/widget/calls.html.twig) and fix it – changes will be applied to all instances of this widget;
    3) Extend contact view template (OroCRM/Bundle/ContactBundle/Resources/views/Contact/view.html.twig) and replace Calls widget with your own widget and make all required fixes – changes will be applied only on Contact view page.

David Lukac
    Participant

I’d like to go further from overriding Twig templates – e.g. adding fields to entities programatically, so I’ve set up a separate topic for it: http://oroinc.com/orocrm/forums/topic/how-to-programatically-add-fields. I’ll appreciate any help.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.