Last month, we gave you a sneak peek of what to expect during this year’s OroCommerce 4.2 LTS.
Now, we’re providing you with a more in-depth view of this release by showcasing the features, capabilities and updates in detail.
Join us on Tuesday, 2nd March 2021, at 16:00 (GMT), as our leadership present a tell-all event of what to expect from OroCommerce 4.2 LTS with a live demo. We’ll be showing you the latest improvements and will answer any questions you may have with our live Q&A session.
The new customer-focused and productivity-boosting features in 4.2 LTS will make it easy to offer superior customer experiences and grow your business to new heights.
Here are just a few of the improvements you can expect from OroCommerce 4.2 LTS:
- A more accessible storefront – OroCommerce storefront now complies with web accessibility requirements (ADA and WCAG) with improved support for voice readers and keyboard navigation
- Navigation improvements – Site visitors can browse, shop and place orders easier and much faster with a more responsive storefront
- New filter panel – Improved functionality to sort and filter items, making it easier for users to locate what they are looking for. The filter panel allows for narrowing down results by appropriate criteria
- Enhanced content editing – A more intuitive WYSIWYG content editor with updated supporting documentation. The content preview function now supports user impersonation and separate (and localised) storefronts
- New shopping list interface – Efficiently manage large orders with an all-new shopping list page, allowing you to save time with bulk actions and permission-based views
- Improved checkout experience – Optimised for handling large orders with multiple performance improvements
- Back-office improvements – Increased speed for back-office staff to perform daily tasks, including customer, product and content management tasks
We’ve also optimised OroCommerce’s API performance, with new enabled authentication options and improved performance of integration connectors.
Our documentation website navigation was also improved and provides easy access to plenty of new content.
Meet Our Leadership Team!
Looking for an opportunity to get all your questions answered? We’re hosting an interactive webinar to talk through how the new and improved OroCommerce can help your business.
Book your spot for the ORO 4.2 LTS DEMO on Tuesday, 2nd March 2021, at 16:00 (GMT).
You’ll be able to:
- Discover new OroCommerce features
- See OroCommerce live in action
- Explore real-world use cases
- Ask Oro’s leadership team questions
Ready to Switch?
If you are looking to switch to OroCommerce 4.2 LTS, we do recommend familiarising with the minimum requirements needed for installing the software.
If you’re on the Enterprise Edition, you’ll need the following:
- PHP 7.4.14
- PostgreSQL 12.0
- Composer v2
- PHP MongoDB extension
The Community Edition supports MySQL 8.0 in place of PostgreSQL 12.0. For the full list of system requirements and recommendations for best performance, please view our OroCommerce system requirements page.
Some older OroCommerce versions have been transitioned to their next support phases. The full schedule is published on our release process documentation page.
If you’re on the Enterprise Edition 4.1 LTS, you’ll have plenty of time to switch, with access to security updates and fixes lasting until January 2023. Community Edition users should switch to the 4.2 LTS version as soon as possible to access patches through the year ahead.
In the meantime, we can’t wait to meet you, answer your questions, and assist you through another OroCommerce milestone.
Don’t wait until the last minute. Register now!