An out-of-the-box automotive eCommerce solution for the scalability and B2B needs of the auto parts industry
Driven by a growing number of cars on the road and an increase in auto parts spending, the global automotive industry is expecting its revenues to grow to 8,921 billion by 2030. Today’s eCommerce B2B solutions serving the automotive industry must offer accurate inventory, fitment data, and an impeccable purchase experience that attracts new customers and keeps existing ones coming back. Stay ahead of the game and prepare your business for selling online with a modern auto parts eCommerce solution.
Key Benefits of eCommerce for the Automotive Industry
Expand Your Market ShareSee full features list
Boost your reach with automotive eCommerce
- B2B selling of automotive parts, gears accessories is complicated. Attract more business buyers with an automotive eCommerce portal that’s easy to find, and navigate around, and one that’s optimized for SEO, as well as a desktop, tablet, and smartphone use.
- Keep business dealerships and merchants coming back to your automotive eCommerce store. Offer dealers, wholesalers, and retailers personalized catalogs, pricing, shipping, and payment experiences.
- Easily expand into new markets offering car parts and automotive components in multiple languages, currencies, and location-specific payment options.
- Manage an unlimited number of SKUs and inventory. Make sure your auto eCommerce products are available to your wholesale business-to-business buyers and retail consumers.
- Create onmichannel experiences with personalized sub-sites, independent storefronts, and augmented physical sales with a single automotive eCommerce solution. Target a specific vertical or create a destination for distributors, dealers, and resellers to simplify the buying process.
- Set up an automotive marketplace or integrate with big marketplaces like Amazon and open your business up to a larger audience.
Increase Sales and AOVSee full features list
Increase your sales with stellar customer experiences
- Today’s customers require automotive industry solutions that provide digital selling channels with personalized experiences. Give your B2B customers multi-level permission-based access mirroring their internal business systems, hierarchies, and unique purchasing requirements.
- Give every lead and customer the attention they deserve. Reduce routine tasks for your sales team and help customers help themselves with an auto parts eCommerce platform.
- Reduce customer friction with a powerful search engine enhanced by autocomplete features. Enable searches in an OEM catalog by part name, number, brand, description, attribute, vendor and other properties.
- Offer a straightforward order negotiation and order fulfillment process. Configure request for proposal (RFQ), configure price quote (CPQ), and quote to cash (QTC) automated workflows that accommodate your most demanding clients’ requirements.
- Make it easy for B2B customers to purchase auto and car parts according to their pre-negotiated terms, custom prices, and order quantities, and quickly reorder based on their order history. Offer multiple payment methods and payment gateway options for omnichannel experiences.
Automate Your BusinessSee full features list
Cut down your costs and streamline operations
- Automate your online sales processes. When customers can order from a personalized self-service portal that’s open 24/7, you cut the order processing costs by over 10 times.
- Empower your sales and marketing teams to better serve your prospects with a mobile-friendly CRM system natively integrated into your automotive eCommerce platform.
- Improve operational efficiency by digitizing internal workflows such as order management, product data updates, complex pricing calculation, contract management, and negotiations, – and never lose a sale.
- Manage multiple websites from a single admin. With numerous, independent sites operating from one platform, you can replicate internal hierarchies, monitor their KPIs, and deliver relevant content to various storefronts quickly and efficiently.
- Centralize data, and eliminate costs and risks associated with manual data entry. Keep all your data from external systems such as your ERP, WHMS, PIM and CRM centralized with a help of the set of powerful and flexible API.
Future-Proof Your BusinessSee full features list
Take your automotive business into the future with the best platform for auto parts eCommerce
- Whether you sell gear, automotive B2B parts or cars online, you need all the help you can get. There are more cars, trucks and other vehicles than ever, meaning more car parts and car components. You need a robust, scalable, and future-proof eCommerce partner to ensure your business doesn’t skip a beat.
- Don’t let growth be an obstacle to success. In the competitive auto parts industry, you cannot afford to let any growth opportunity pass you by. Best platforms for auto parts eCommerce provide a scalability and performance boost, allowing you to focus on maximizing revenue.
- Easily pivot to new business models. Assert control over your markets with a system able to accommodate B2B, B2C, B2B2C, and B2G. Be free to drive more business and diversify your income streams.
- Stay on the cutting-edge. Choosing automotive eCommerce software that was built from the ground up for the complexities of B2B business based on the most up-to-date technologies you invest into the sustainability of your business.
Automotive Success Story
TruPar.com leverages OroCommerce to bring a traditionally offline industry online
Many car, vehicle, equipment, and machinery parts suppliers operate firmly in the offline industry. TruPar.com turned to digitalization to change this and used OroCommerce to build a forklift parts marketplace for any make, brand or type of material handling equipment.
Digitization with Auto Parts eCommerce Helps Distributor to Reach New Markets
Increase in Online Revenue
SKUs in Active Inventory
Increase in Average Order Value
CEO of TruPar.com
Reasons to Choose OroCommerce for Automotive
Frequently Asked Questions About B2B eCommerce for Automotive and Auto Part
Should I sell auto parts online?
According to McKinsey, online engagement with automotive industries is up by an average of 13 points from prior to COVID-19. What’s more, 20-30% of aftermarket sales will occur online, at least 10 percentage points higher than today.
Businesses, like consumer shoppers, are comfortable buying auto parts online. Garages and mechanics want to build and maintain relationships with trustworthy suppliers and dealership. Business customers feel comfortable buying from sellers that assure them with adequate specification data, transparent pricing, return policies.
How do people buy auto parts in 2022?
The car parts industry is made up of aftermarket parts and accessories, external body parts, mechanical parts, automotive tools, fitment tools, and more. Many parts are unique to a certain car make, model, location, or sometimes even a production date range. While car buyers can feel discouraged from buying auto parts online, this is slowly changing.
Consumers, garages, and auto parts distributors no longer go to one shop to purchase products. Some go in person to a dealer or retailer; others turn to eBay, Amazon, or specialty sites for hard-to-find items. To compete in this environment, auto parts sellers need visibility into inventory, orders, and customer journeys across channels – all of which can be accomplished with B2B eCommerce software.
Do I need an eCommerce platform for my auto parts business?
Automotive digital transformation shows no signs of slowing down. Digital channels allow consumers to research, leave or browse reviews, and partake in automotive communities to make correct purchasing decisions. B2B customers such as parts manufacturers, distributors, and garages can make wholesale purchases, and pass savings and information on to end-consumers.
As mentioned before, car parts can vary widely, so you need a B2B eCommerce website that can accommodate unlimited product catalogs with product configurations and bundles. A robust eCommerce software designed for the automotive industry will help automotive businesses meet customers’ product researching, ordering, and fulfillment needs.
Another consideration is whether you need a proprietary or open-source solution. In many cases, an open-source solution provider is preferable because open-source software tend to be more secure, cost-efficient, and flexible when it comes to integration, compared to proprietary one.
What are the benefits of B2B eCommerce for auto parts and accessories?
Today’s businesses must get on their customers’ radar before the competition, and the car industry is no exception. However, the competitive nature of the new, used and aftermarket vehicle parts forces brands to think outside the box.
ECommerceoffers car brands greater reach, greater marketing flexibility, and the opportunity to outdo the customer experience. You’ll be able to streamline internal processes, boost staff productivity, and lower costs. Most importantly, you’ll be able to build your auto parts business on a solid base.
Looking for game-changing eCommerce insights?
Explore these resources for B2B eCommerce for distributors:
Ultimate guide to eCommerce replatforming
This guide covers all the stages of the ecommerce replatforming process: starting from identifying replatforming is necessary to the actual plan of action for your migration and post-migration stages.Download the Copy
How to get offline customers to purchase online
This guide shares best practices on how to convert offline B2B buyers into online customers by overcoming resistance and effectively communicating them the benefits of B2B online portals.Download the Copy
Workflow automation engine and its impact on B2B eCommerce digital transformation
In this whitepaper, you’ll learn about automated workflows, how they benefit your business, and why flexible workflows are essential for B2B digital transformation.Download the Copy