One of this year’s top topics for manufacturers is eCommerce and how online selling channels can help them stay resilient – and we’re going to hear more about that as time goes on.
Yoav Kutner co-founded Magento and is now a founder and CEO of Oro, Inc. Oro’s family of products include OroCommerce, a B2B eCommerce platform built specifically for the B2B manufacturing industry, OroCRM, and OroPlatform. Yoav appeared on the Manufacturing Talk Radio podcast to discuss the exponential growth of technology and its impact on the B2B manufacturing industry.
“Manufacturers have complex requirements,” says Yoav, “thus, they face unique challenges moving online, be it preserving their configure price quote model, or digitizing their ordering and after-sales processes.”
Digital sales channels offer manufacturers new opportunities such as personalization and improved B2B user experience. It also allows them to expand to new selling channels like DTC (direct-to-consumer) and B2B marketplaces, a market quickly being dominated by Amazon Business.
Some talking points include:
- The state of digital innovation in manufacturing and why it’s still in its infancy
- How B2B approvals, ordering, and payments differ from the B2C industry
- Why B2C trends shape B2B buyer expectations yet pose challenges to sellers
- Impact of digitally-savvy individuals taking up management and purchasing roles
- JIT inventorying, streamlining fulfillment and enabling real-time tracking through technology
- Open-source benefits such as integration flexibility, data ownership, and no vendor lock-in
- Selling DTC without negatively impacting existing relationships with distributors
Listen to the interview in its entirety here: