Today, Oro Inc. proudly releases OroMarketplace, a powerful marketplace management software for marketplace operators, vendors, and buyers. It’s built on the same robust, open-source B2B architecture that is the foundation of OroCommerce and accommodates marketplaces of any size.
OroMarketplace supports B2C, B2B, franchise, procurement, services, bookings, and digital products use cases and turns any marketplace plan into reality.
Why OroMarketplace and Why Now?
Since its inception, Oro’s mission has been to provide B2B commerce businesses with the software and solutions they need to digitally transform, evolve, and grow.
Back in 2012, our founders saw a gap in the market for a flexible, multichannel customer relationship management system. So they created OroCRM, an open-source CRM that offers B2B businesses something more than just a simple sales pipeline management tool.
They also saw firsthand the challenges faced by manufacturers, distributors, and B2B brands as they struggled to remain competitive in the digital era while limited by the B2C-focused solutions. Once again, Oro filled the niche with OroCommerce, an open-source B2B-first eCommerce solution natively integrated with a CRM system.
As the B2B eCommerce market continues to evolve, businesses require even more functionality from their digital commerce systems. This includes functionality to operate a digital marketplace that sells multiple products from multiple vendors in parallel to a diverse group of customers.
The benefits of the marketplace business model have never been more apparent than today. The COVID-19 pandemic disrupted supply chains and spurred dramatic shifts in buyer behavior. Amazon Business and Alibaba demonstrated that marketplaces are remarkably resilient, growing stronger and more powerful over time.
Marketplaces also streamline procurement for manufacturers, distributors, franchises, and industrial sellers. Researching and selecting suppliers poses a challenge to businesses, and a B2B marketplace system makes procurement more convenient, efficient, and transparent. Brands leverage marketplaces to create their own digital ecosystem, build resilience, and boost revenue.
What Makes OroMarketplace Different From Other Marketplace Platforms?
OroMarketplace offers native integration with digital commerce and CRM solutions, giving operators greater control of the marketing, selling, and purchasing experience of their vendors and buyers. Here’s what sets OroMarketplace apart:
- OroMarketplace is an integrated solution for digital marketplaces. Operators have the ability to control all aspects of the buyer and seller experience from a single platform.
- It includes B2B-specific features such as corporate account management and support for multiple warehouses out of the box, translating to easier customization, smoother integration, and faster time to market.
- A built-in workflow engine enables operators to automate seller onboarding, order approval processes, checkout steps, order negotiation, and request for quotes.
- It’s built with flexibility in mind. Our APIs let operators connect the OroMarketplace engine with any CMS system via headless integration.
- It’s highly customizable to any business need thanks to a robust, open-source architecture built for enterprise scalability.
- A built-in CRM gives operators and vendors a full, 360-degree view of their customers. Brands can manage leads, opportunities, accounts, and target them with the right messaging.
- Our transparent pricing model has no transaction fees or hidden costs so you can scale without penalty.
OroMarketplace: Chosen by Businesses and Industry Analysts Alike
Gartner, a leading research and advisory company, believes that by 2023, approximately 70% of all enterprise marketplaces launched will serve B2B transactions. They also believe businesses with robust digital commerce platforms are best positioned to deploy marketplace solutions on top.
Oro remains at the forefront of marketplace innovators, having been recognized as one of the top marketplace and digital commerce solutions in Gartner’s recently-published 2021 Guide for Marketplace Operation Applications.
Brands such as SupplyCore, FoodMaven, and Diplonova have built successful marketplaces with Oro.
Start Strong with OroMarketplace
Making the switch to marketplace selling may seem challenging, but you’ll start strong with Oro’s extensive feature set and flexibility. We understand the challenges modern B2B businesses face, and know how to meet the complex and rapidly changing needs of marketplace operators, vendors, and their customers.