We’re excited to announce the release of version 1.5 of OroCommerce Community and Enterprise editions. The new release introduces the upgraded coupons and promotions functionality, enhanced product APIs, additional product inventory status alerts, and some other feature refinements. To enable OroCommerce sellers to offer their customers a better storefront experience, we’ve optimized product catalog browsing and filtering capabilities and provided new options for adding products to shopping lists.
To learn more about the advancements implemented in OroCommerce 1.5, keep reading this brief overview.
Promotions and Coupons Improvements
- Customers can now apply coupon codes directly at checkout.
- Coupons assigned to customers are displayed on the promotion view page.
Improved Customer Storefront Experience
- New customers can access the registration form in just one click using the respective menu item next to Sign In.
- Depending on the system or website configurations, customers may optionally fill in the Company name field on the registration form.
Product Catalog Browsing
To ensure user-friendlier product catalog browsing, we have enhanced product grid filters by making them even more responsive. For more precise and quick product search results, customers can now multi-select sub-category filters. We’ve also adjusted the filtering capabilities for mobile view. When customers browse web catalogs on a mobile device, the filters appear on a separate pop-up screen without cluttering up the UI.
- Customers can now mass add multiple products to shopping lists.
- Сustomers can choose multiple variations of a configurable product and add them to shopping lists using the new matrix available at the product view pages for configurable products with several attributes.
- Customers can access the list of purchased products directly from the Account menu.
- The new “Re-order” capability has been added to customer accounts. Customers can now repeat past orders with just one click from their Order History view.
- The Quick order form is now upgraded with an inventory sync feature. Customers can now instantly see if any of the items they want to order are out of stock as they fill out the form.
Customers can easily print neat Orders, Quotes, and RFQs due to the updated printer-friendly page layouts.
- Admin users can set up the Featured menu in the Frontend Menus configuration.
- The new Update User Profile role allows admins to set up customer user roles preventing customers from modifying user data except for their own profiles.
Product Status Notifications
- To alert customers to the upcoming products and entice them into pre-ordering, sellers can respectively label the coming soon products or product categories at product views, shopping lists, listings, and at the checkout. Optionally, they can also specify the expected availability dates for the upcoming products.
- To notify customers of products running out of stock and increase incoming order volumes, sellers can set low inventory threshold for products and product categories. Such products and categories can be labeled respectively at product views, listings, shopping lists, and at the checkouts.
Due to the new developer service to be used in various workflows, inventory quantities needed to fulfill a sales order can be easily locked (reserved).
Filterable Product Attributes
Because product attributes can be now filtered and sorted, store administrators can provide customers a better webstore experience by displaying only specific customer-relevant filters.
To ensure seamless integration with any of third-party systems, we have expanded our APIs capabilities by adding the following endpoints:
- Product images.
- Promotions (as part of Order API).
- Payment terms.
- Customer user addresses.
- Administrators can import product images as CSV files specifying a path to a predefined remote server folder.
- To enable administrators to instantly see when a customer record was created or updated, the Created At and Updated At fields have been added to the Customer entity.
- To simplify future version upgrades, legacy Bootstrap 3 framework styles have been deprecated.
To get more details on these updates, check out the release notes:
- OroCommerce Enterprise* (the link leads to the private GitHub repository, only available to the enterprise users)
To update to version 1.5, follow the provided Oro upgrade and clone instructions. The upgrade process is similar for all Oro applications. Please use the `orocommerce.git` repository or files from http://oroinc.com/b2b-ecommerce/download page when doing so.
Stay tuned for the upcoming product upgrades!