Marketplaces have been bringing buyers and sellers together for over 5,000 years. Today’s marketplaces are sleek digital spaces where buyers can connect with multiple sellers at once. Buyers love their convenience, and sellers love how they attract buyers.
Increasingly, marketplaces are serving the needs of B2B commerce. Gartner estimates that 70% of the enterprise marketplaces launched by 2023 will facilitate B2B transactions. Digital marketplaces are the natural evolution of the stand-alone website and present the next wave in eCommerce.
What’s in the Guide?
OroCommerce and Novalnet are leaders in B2B eCommerce and digital marketplaces. They’ve collaborated to create a comprehensive guide to the enterprise marketplace. From exploring the popularity of modern marketplaces to explaining how they benefit all parties, you’ll get an in-depth look at the ingredients of a modern marketplace. And because no guide is complete without a real-life application, you’ll explore the different marketplace models and methods of monetization complete with examples of current marketplaces. Trailblazers, big players, challengers, and those serving niche markets are included.
Here’s what else you will find:
- Who are the marketplace participants?
- How do marketplaces benefit the participants?
- The most popular marketplaces in 2020 and the ones to watch in 2021
- Key drivers of marketplace popularity
- Trends for the marketplaces in 2021
- Types of marketplaces by audience and industry focus
- Popular monetization models
- Must-have features for the modern marketplace
- How to evaluate marketplace platforms
- Most common marketplace payment challenges
- How to evaluate marketplace payment processors
Who Should Read This Guide?
If you want to catch this next wave in eCommerce you must read this guide. This guide is designed for forward-thinking directors, team leaders, and members of the C-suite alike.
If you need to future-proof your business model, you’ve got to investigate marketplaces. This guide is especially helpful for:
- Digital Commerce Directors
- Marketing and Sales Executives
- CEOs and Leadership Teams
- CTOs and IT Leaders
- CFOs and Finance Teams
Don’t Miss the Next Wave of eCommerce
Marketplaces accounted for 50% of all online sales in 2019. The COVID-19 pandemic has only accelerated the growth of digital buying and the popularity of marketplaces.
Marketplaces represent more than just a new channel; they are a new way of thinking about business. Don’t get caught on the shore without a board. Catch the marketplace wave and ride it to success.
Download the free Understanding the Next Wave of eCommerce: Guide to Enterprise Marketplaces whitepaper here.