We are excited to announce that we now have a new Alpha version of OroCommerce available.
This new Alpha 2 version adds the following features and enhancements:
- It is now possible to create custom category trees for different customer groups, and even individual customers.
- We added configuration options to manage product visibility, and allow actions on the store front-end and the management interface based on product status and inventory availability.
- We also added product import and export functions.
- Support of free-form data entry and helpful price configuration hints have been enabled on the quote preparation screen.
- The quick order page has been enhanced with autocomplete functionality, and it now performs immediate validation of user-entered data.
- Additional price information is now available in the form of separate columns that can be added to and displayed in the product grid. This functionality is accompanied by additional filtering options, which we included in the price filters.
- We’ve implemented a number of small performance optimizations, UI enhancements, and various small fixes in the sample data, and added a few minor Symfony 2.7 compatibility improvements.
- We also added more strict server-side validation, and fixed browser and server-side validation errors for price inputs, unit selectors, and quantity inputs on various pages.
- In addition to command line installation, it is now possible to specify the URL path for the management console in the web installer as well.
- Application security configuration has been unified across all our products (learn more about OroCRM and OroPlatform).
- We added a store front-end theme selection in the system configuration. Even though the new, branded front-end theme is still a work in progress, you can take a glimpse into what our designers and developers are doing via our “Show Me the Theme” blog series (Part 1 & Part 2) and providing your feedback.
Please follow these instructions to install the application or try the OroCommerce public demo.
As always, we would love to get feedback along the way through either GitHub, email, or the OroCommerce forum.
Join our community and become a part of the B2B e-Commerce revolution!