Leading global manufacturer of protective footwear opens up new horizons with B2B eCommerce
Increase in Traffic
Increase Conversion Rate
Increase Average Order Value
Dunlop is known for making products that combine protection with comfort and usability. This customer-first approach led them to reexamine other areas of the user experience.
Dunlop faced bottlenecks at virtually every stage of the order management process:
- Orders came in through phone, email, and even fax. Managing them was highly time-consuming.
- Customer service suffered as sales reps focused on answering questions about orders and stock levels.
- Existing processes hampered Dunlop’s ability to grow while sufficiently meeting customer needs.
Dunlop started the search for an eCommerce platform with strong self-service capabilities to put the customer back in the driver’s seat. Dunlop also wanted to provide sales staff with high-level order visibility from start to finish. They considered heavyweights like Sitecore, Salesforce Commerce in addition to OroCommerce. OroCommerce was an ideal choice due to its native B2B capabilities, modular architecture, and ease of implementation.
Senior Digital Delivery Manager at Dunlop
A new eCommerce site introduced Dunlop to a new way of doing business. It replaced placing bulk orders by phone or email.
The system offered customers a convenient self-service experience, including:
- Greater stock and pricing transparency
- Automated order placement
- End-to-end order tracking
Equally important, the new system offered numerous benefits to staff, including:
- Automated customer onboarding
- Intuitive order entry and checking
- Increased inventory visibility
- More time for building customer relationships
The increased efficiency also allowed Dunlop to repurpose employees to other projects instead of manually assisting customers with orders.
The Dunlop trade portal went live in a comparably short timeframe of 4 months. Implementation included integrations with Microsoft Dynamics ERP and CRM. Additionally, Dunlop launched 12 country-specific websites. The quick time to market is a testament to OroCommerce’s B2B out-of-the-box offering, its modular architecture, and the flexibility to satisfy individual B2B needs.
Since the initial rollout, Dunlop’s self-service portal has been released to 80% of their customer base. The plan is to add the rest of their customers in 2022 and have OroCommerce as Dunlop’s main customer communication channel.