Australian container distributor Gala Imports puts the customer first with B2B-focused eCommerce and CRM tools
Increase in Conversion Rate
Gala’s customers can range from hobbyists making one-time orders to large industrial manufacturers and distributors purchasing thousands of jars at a time.
Over time, the company found it challenging to maintain personalized browsing, searching, and self-service experiences for every customer segment. Gala was looking for:
- Separate experiences for different customers
- Product and pricing management features
- Customizable B2B-focused features
- Simplified back-office experience
Gala considered renewing their Magento license but quickly realized that building on top of Magento would be convoluted and unsustainable in the long term. Magento’s inability to meet Gala’s needs in a single platform forced Gala to look elsewhere. OroCommerce quickly proved superior with B2B-focused needs out of the box, support for multiple storefronts, and customer experiences.
Marketing Director at Gala Imports Australia
Gala appreciated OroCommerce’s natively-included B2B capabilities and was especially impressed with the streamlined back-end customer management interface. Aligent, an Australia-based integrator and longtime Oro partner was chosen to assist with implementation.
After implementation, Gala gained the following:
- Support for multiple websites with a unique look and feel hosted on separate domains, each with different products, pricing, and functionality.
- Unique payment and fulfillment options for large B2B customers while offering smaller businesses and hobbyists a more consumer-like experience.
- Increased product discoverability due to robust search functionality and ability to host multiple variations of the same product on SEO-optimized pages.
- A CRM by OroCRM fully integrated with OroCommerce. It offers Gala newfound marketing capabilities and tailors communications based on customer needs.
As the COVID-19 pandemic skyrocketed the demand for medical containers, Gala was well-prepared to handle the influx of inquiries and sales. As a result, Gala saw a 25-30% increase in average order sizes the following summer. This growth amounted to a 50% conversion rate increase at year’s end. Today, OroCommerce makes it easy for Gala to innovate in customer experience and remain a leader in the industry.