Petra Takes Their Customers' Digital Experience to the Next Level with OroCommerce
Enhanced Search Features
Petra Industries’ key to success has always been their understanding of technologies that drive innovation and growth. On the other hand due to their rapid growth in the ever-changing market they quickly realized how important it is to have a scalable and flexible digital commerce platform able to grow with them as well as accelerate their growth.
Petra came to Oro looking to replatform from their legacy eCommerce platform that could not provide the user experience their B2B customers wanted. They had to build multiple add-ons to make their legacy B2C-oriented platform cater to B2B use cases. But add-ons still had limited functionality and hampered business growth instead of promoting it.
The main challenges Petra were looking to solve included:
- Accelerate the onboarding process for new customer accounts
- Upgrade their B2C focused shopping cart to a more flexible one useful for B2B needs
- Get a more efficient and fast order management and fulfillment system
- Improve their marketing capabilities by personalized campaigns via better view into customer data
Since most of the features requested by Petra are native to OroCommerce and are instantly accessible out-of-the-box, it was an easy decision for the company’s leadership team to give up their legacy patch-work platform in favor of a robust and flexible OroCommerce B2B solution.
Director of Marketing at Petra
The first and crucial step for a smooth transition and better backend workflows were the integrations with MDS ERP and Akeneo PIM systems. OroCommerce is partnered with Akeneo PIM so this integration was quick and easy.
As for the other applications PetraCentral uses, due to Oro’s extensive suite of APIs, an automatic data exchange between disparate B2B software pieces became smooth and frictionless.
In just 8 months since the start of the project PetraCentral got a new scalable B2B eCommerce portal with the following power upgrades:
- Automated workflows for multi-step customer registration with approved credit through Bectran customer credit management system integration
- Enhanced business customers self-service capabilities through quick order forms, CSV file uploads and personalized shopping carts
- Functional B2B customer accounts with multiple logins, different levels of permissions and flexible order approval workflows
- Improved analytics combining the power of Enhanced Ecommerce from Google Analytics and built-in OroCRM capabilities that comes free with OroCommerce
- 360 degree view of customer data for sales and marketing to create personalized email campaigns and landing pages
Moving forward, Petra is planning to further explore OroCommerce’s extensive functionality and replace their legacy site search engine with a built-in solution from Oro. PetraCentral’s leadership team is positive that their new B2B eCommerce website will make their ambitious goal to transition 100% of their B2B customers online a reality in the nearest future.