B2B eCommerce for Wholesale: TruPar.com Case Study
TruPar.com Manages 8+ Million SKU Catalog
United States, Canada, Mexico
- Increased online revenue by 25%
- Increased AOV by 70%
- Over 8 million SKUs
- Over 45,000 online customers
Since 2012, TruPar.com has supplied high quality and affordable materials handling parts for their 45,000 happy customers across the US, Canada, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. The B2B eCommerce wholesale company manages inventory for over 600 brands and offers same day shipping where customers can receive ordered parts in a matter of days. TruPar.com tried and tested numerous eCommerce products but could not find a single solution that could scale to manage its 8+ million product SKUs until it tested OroCommerce.
After evaluating Magento and other solutions in the market, Sean McDonnell, CEO of TruPar.com, realized there was a gap in today’s B2B eCommerce offerings. “Products like Magento didn’t offer the necessary B2B features while other B2B eCommerce platforms built expensive solutions specialized for larger organizations,” says Sean. That’s when TruPar.com decided to test OroCommerce to see if it could meet its wholesale B2B needs when selling online. More than finding a proper B2B eCommerce solution for their wholesale business, this story was about striking a true partnership. “I’ve studied their roadmap and their vision and was excited – I found my match, I found the people who get it!” adds Sean.
This not only demonstrated the scalability of the OroCommerce product, but it also showcased the scalability of OroCommerce’s SaaS environment. Using our SaaS setup, TruPar.com was able to quickly and effectively manage pricing updates for both products and shipping across its US, Canada, and Mexico websites along with showcasing the correct inventory volumes resulting in major operational savings.
Implementation of OroCommerce has allowed TruPar.com to achieve the following:
- Created a single backend with localization capabilities to support multiple websites for 3 different regions
- Implemented a geolocation feature to calculate real-time shipping ETA’s and cost per customer location
- Offered online customers real-time inventory and pricing information across multiple warehouses to showcase stock availability
- Increased online revenue by 25% within the first 3 months
- Increased Average Order Value (AOV) by 70%
- Secured over 45,000 online customers within one year
Invest in a Scalable Product
for Your Growing Business
OroCommerce SaaS offers the most
scalable and elastic infrastructure
OroCommerce has the most robust feature set for the B2B back-end and offers the best B2C customer experience on the front-end.
OroCommerce's capabilities Contact Us