The following guide will help you to view and accept a quote in a Quote section of the OroCommerce storefront.
As many businesses provide services that do not have an upfront price, the costs can vary. That is where quotes come into the picture as they allow you (a prospective buyer) to see the cost involved for an item or services. A quote in OroCommerce may be used to negotiate with the sales person (e.g. request a better price, more convenient quantities, and additional services). It may be created in response to your request for quote, or as a result of the direct communication with the sales person. Once you are happy with the offer in the quote and are ready to proceed with the order, you can accept the quote and submit an order.
To locate existing quotes:
- Navigate to Account in the user menu.
- Click Quotes in the menu on the left.
- Alternatively, use the Quick Access Menu and click Quotes in the top right corner of any page.
The All Quotes page contains the following information:
- Quote #
- PO Number
- DNSLT (Do Not Ship Later Than)
- Created At
- Valid Until
- More Actions (View)
You can print the selected quote by clicking Print Quote below the quote number.
Within the table you have the following action buttons available:
- Refresh the view table: click to update the view table.
- Reset the view table: click to clear view table customization and return to default settings. Reset applies to all filters, records per page and sorting changes that you have made.
- Table settings: click to define which columns to show in the table.
- Filters .
Accept a Quote¶
When you receive a quote, you can accept it and submit the order:
- On the All Quotes page, click on the necessary quote.
- Review the quote details, then scroll down to the bottom, and click Accept and Submit to Order on the bottom right of the page.
- You will be redirected to the next page with quote information and product list. Click Submit to submit the order, or Back to Quote List to go back a step.
- Once you submit an order, you are redirected to the checkout. If you are not ready to complete your order, it is saved in the Orders section. For more information on open orders, see the Orders topic.
Currently, it is not possible to decline or cancel quotes from the OroCommerce storefront.
Send a Guest Quote¶
Non-authenticated users can request a quote for the items they are interested in without registering in the storefront, and then receive a quote from the sales representative in the form of a direct link to the provided email address.
To request a quote in the storefront:
Add the required items to the shopping list.
Click Request Quote from the shopping list page.
Fill in the details of the quote, such the first and last names, email address, company name, etc.
Click Submit Request once the details are provided.
Once the sales representative has processed your request, they email you their quote to the address you provided.
Click on the link in the email to open the quote.
Review the quote and click Accept and Submit to Order to proceed to the next step.
Amend the details of the quote, if necessary.
Click Submit to proceed to the checkout and complete the order.
- Register and Sign In
- Users Roles
- Orders and Checkout
- Requests For Quotes
- Shopping Lists