User Guide: Marketing¶
Before You Begin¶
OroCommerce embedded marketing activities use the following basic concepts:
A Marketing list is a list of contacts segmented according to conditions which are defined for the purpose of bulk emailing or telephone outreach. In your Oro application, virtually every entity is available as a marketing list target. For instance, marketing lists can be created based on accounts (primary email of a default contact is used), or, if you are using OroCommerce, from customer users, quotes, orders, and shopping lists.
Marketing lists can be used to run Email Campaigns in OroCommerce and synchronize with Subscribers Lists in MailChimp and/or address books in dotMailer.
You can send an email campaign generated in your Oro application, without the involvement of external marketing automation applications. This means that once you have defined the rules for generation of a Marketing List and have created an Email Template, you can easily set-up an email campaign, within which all the contacts on the list will receive personalized emails in compliance with the campaign. You can then collect statistics for such campaigns and create reports.
Campaign records in OroCommerce are used to define general details of the marketing activity and monitor its flow and results. You can include any amount of Email Campaigns and Tracking Website records into one Campaign and get the full picture to evaluate the campaign efficiency.
In Oro applications, you can manage, perform, and track the results of your marketing activities, like email campaigns and website activities tracking.
You can integrate with the external services (MailChimp and dotmailer) and synchronize marketing campaign configuration and results between these services and Oro application.
In Oro application and external systems, you can launch marketing campaigns distributed via email to the custom group of contacts. The custom group is generated as marketing list.
Once the marketing efforts get their results, you can monitor the collected marketing information in the context of the customers, leads, and many more perspectives
Enable or disable marketing automation in Oro application via the system configuration.
Via Oro Application¶
In Oro application, you can use the following marketing tools:
- Marketing Lists — Group email data into a target marketing list. It may be automatically generated using flexible filters and may contain any record with an email information, like leads or customer users.
- Marketing Campaign — Track statistics of the marketing efforts related to the same marketing campaign.
- Email Campaigns — Schedule or send an email campaign that uses a marketing list as a target audience and may optionally be related to the existing marketing campaign and monitor the results.
Configure tracking settings in Oro application via the system configuration.
Oro application supports out of the box integration with dotmailer, allowing you to do the following:
- Map the Marketing Lists to address books in dotmailer and keep them synchronized.
- Use your address books to create email campaigns in dotmailer and import them to Oro application.
- Create new contact data fields to capture additional information about your contacts.
- Use dotmailer campaign statistics and Oro application reporting tools to analyze the campaign efficiency.
Before you can use dotmailer with Oro application, ensure that all the necessary integration steps are complete:
- Configure dotmailer for integration — please refer to the dotmailer Configuration guide.
- Check the dotmailer Data Fields and Mappings to the Oro application data.
- Set up the schedule for data synchronization between dotmailer and Oro application — see dotmailer Synchronization Settings.
- Optionally, configure dotmailer single sign on — please follow the dotmailer Single Sign-on steps.
After configuring the integration and data synchronization, you can Send Email Campaign via dotmailer guide.
Oro application supports out of the box integration with MailChimp, allowing you to do the following:
- Map the Marketing Lists as segments in MailChimp and keep them synchronized.
- Use existing segments in MailChimp and import them to Oro application.
- Schedule importing statistics of the MailChimp campaigns into Oro Application.
To use MailChimp with Oro application, ensure that all the necessary integration steps are complete. See MailChimp Integration for more information.
After the integration is configured, you can Send Email Campaign via MailChimp.
With Oro Tracking Websites functionality, you can learn how many users have visited your website from links within a specific marketing campaign and what these users’ actions at the site were. For the detailed guide on how to create a Tracking Website record and add the generated code to the web pages you want to monitor, see the Tracking Websites topic.