Download OroCommerce 1.4
Major highlights of this OroCommerce release are coupon management, guest checkout, single-page checkout, and product APIs. We also added numerous improvements to catalog management and display, streamlined and enhanced customer experience, and further improved performance of both front end and back-office.
Promotions and coupons
Coupons and coupon codes may now be created in the management console. They can be created manually by administrator, or automatically generated based on a set of rules.
Customer store experience
Guest users can now enter checkout and place orders, submit orders via quick order form, and request quotes via RFQ form. All these features can be enabled and configured in the system configuration.
Orders and RFQs made from the same browsing session are stored under the same guest customer and customer user profiles. However, these orders are not displayed to the customer if they choose to register later using the same credentials as for guest checkout.
Checkout can now be completed easier and quicker using the new single-page checkout workflow. It is turned off by default and can be enabled via workflow management UI.
Auto-cancellation of orders
Orders may now be automatically cancelled if they are not fulfilled before their “Do Not Ship Later Than” date. This feature is disabled by default and can be turned on in the system configuration.
Other store frontend improvements
- Administrators may configure specific menu items to be shown or hidden depending on the screen size of the customer device.
- Related products block may now be displayed on the product view page
- It is now possible to assign and show upsell products on the product view page.
- Related and up-sell items of a product may now be exported.
- You can now display the entire product catalog grouped by categories on a single page using the new All Products page. To enable this page, create a new web catalog content node with Oro Catalog Frontend Product Allproducts system page route, or, alternatively, add it as a frontend menu item.
- Image galleries at product views can now be displayed as inline sliders instead of thumbnails, subject to website configuration.
- Product image previews may now be enabled in product listings, so the click on product image opens a gallery instead of product page.
- SVG files can now be used for category images.
- Product images are now searchable and indexable by search engines.
The system can now handle large catalogs up to 10 million products, and loading pages of all product and catalog management pages should not exceed 2 seconds.
Integration and customization
Third-party developers and system integrators may now export and import product relations, product prices, and price lists via numerous new API methods. Please refer to our developer documentation and API sandbox for details.
- A user-friendly message is displayed in the address book if location map is not available
- Address book list view has been moved to the custom theme
- Quantity fields are now validated to prevent entry of negative values
- Sluggable URL generator now works in multi-language website setup