Download OroCommerce 3.1
- OroCommerce has been upgraded to Symfony 3.4 LTS
- Minimally required PHP version has been raised to 7.1.26
- The application can now be run on PHP 7.2.
- We migrated to Bootstrap 4.1
- Support for LESS preprocessor has been discontinued, and all files were converted to SCSS format.
- NodeJS has become a required dependency for installation and development
- Sorting and filtering of product attributes can be limited to the product families and product attributes being used in the result set to declutter the filter panel and simplify user experience.
- Responsive design and swipe actions have been added to the storefront grids to improve UX on mobile devices. We also improved performance of product grid rendering.
- Search of configurable products will now take into account all product variations when performing search queries and applying additional filters to the result set.
- Option to register during checkout has been added to the guest checkout workflow.
- Checkout performance was improved significantly. We also updated the single page checkout workflow templates to reduce the number of synchronous and asynchronous web-requests and implemented additional server-side performance optimizations.
- We have added variables for all order totals so the order confirmation email may now include all the data displayed to the customer during checkout. Variables may also display totals in different currencies, allowing the customer to see their order details in the currency of the checkout if it differs from the base currency.
- Customer consent management and collection functionality that was available as a separate extension for OroCommerce 1.6 LTS, has been seamlessly integrated into all checkout workflows and is now available in OroCommerce out of the box.
- Locale-related configuration options have been reviewed and simplified to streamline the installation process and further configuration of multi-language setups.
- Various improvements have been made to existing features to ensure that with multiple languages enabled in the system both storefronted customers and back-office users will see the content in the language and formatted accordingly to their language preferences and locale settings.
- Admin panel have been completely redesigned to a more contemporary and stylish look and feel.
- New "Case-Insensitive Email Addresses" configuration option allows to treat different capitalizations of a same email as the same address acceptable for registration.
- Guest sales quotes can be shared with potential customers and do not require prior registration in the system.
- OroCommerce may now connect to websocket server via SSL/TLS connection and pass SSL connect options if necessary.
- To further improve the security of websocket connection and reduce the risk of Cross-Site WebSocket Hijacking (CSWSH) attacks, the Origin headers will be checked against the list of allowed origins after the websocket connection is established.
- ACL security model was updated and can be extended with custom data access rules.
- To simplify security audit the application keeps track of all failed backoffice login attempts and related security events.
Monitoring and Upgrades
- System administrators can utilize new application health check endpoints to monitor availability of individual application components. The endpoint web page will display the list of performed checks with the exact status of each component.
- New skip-search-reindexation and schedule-search-reindexation options have been added to the upgrade command to allow for the search index update to be postponed when upgrading applications with large catalogs.
Developer Experience and Integrations
- OroCommerce now includes storefront API that can be utilized to build customized customer-facing mobile applications.
- Price engine was updated to enable real-time pricing integrations into external pricing sources (read more).
- Reporting engine can be configured to use a separate connection to offload all resource-consuming queries to the database replica.
- Microsoft Exchange integration is no longer included in OroCommerce Enterprise Edition.
- Microsoft Outlook integration has been removed from the default setup and is now available to the Enterprise Edition customers as a separate extension. This extension is supported and maintained on 3.1 LTS release, but we are not planning to upgrade it for compatibility with further LTS releases in 2020.