OroCommerce Forums

Covering OroCommerce topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCommerce Creating new custom field of Product Entity using Entity Management

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wgozdzicki 6 years, 4 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

Prabhat
    Participant

Hi,

I have been working on creating new custom field of Product Entity from System > Entity Management > Product > Create New Field. I am able to create the field and update the schema without any errors and even I am able to see the field in the database.

What I want to achieve is that I want to call the set method of this field from my own created Bundle Controller but after checking the Product Bundle, I don’t find any getter and setter method for the new field I created.

Please can someone tell me how exactly custom field creation works and how to update the database values corresponding to this column in the database. Do I have to self create the getter and setter methods for the custom field or is there any other way?

Regards,
    Prabhat Nagpal

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

wgozdzicki
    Participant

Hi,
    Methods are created in the cache directory. You can just use like this $product->setNewProperty(). Anyway, if you want to use new property somewhere in code it’s better to use migration.

Best regards,
    Wiktor

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

The forum ‘OroCommerce’ is closed to new topics and replies.