OroCommerce Forums

Covering OroCommerce topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCommerce Crons and Notification Rules don't execute automatically

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhat 6 years, 4 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

Prabhat
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to create my own notification rule and crons for running scheduled tasks as per the requirement in my project. I am able to create notification rule and cron successfully but without running the message consume command they don’t execute. Is it necessary to run the message consume command again and again?

Please help.

Regards,
    Prabhat Nagpal

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Michael
    Keymaster

Hi Prabhat,

Message processing component is an essential part of the application, same as a database or web-server. If it is not running – some portions or even your entire application may not work. You need to make sure that at least one message consumer process is running at all times.

You can use a tool like Supervisord to do it. Please see a sample Supervisord config in our documentation, and refer to the Supervisord website to install it.

Prabhat
    Participant

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your reply. So it means that supervisord is an alternative to running sudo php /path_to_application/app/console oro:message-queue:consume –env=prod -vvv again and again? Supervisord will run all time to fulfill the requirement of running message consume command?

Regards,
    Prabhat Nagpal

Michael
    Keymaster

Yes, supervisord will make sure that you have at least numprocs instances of message consumer running at all times.

Prabhat
    Participant

Thank you so much Michael. :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘OroCommerce’ is closed to new topics and replies.