OroCommerce Forums

Covering OroCommerce topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCommerce Customize product view and Add select color attribute

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Rio 6 years, 3 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

Rio
    Participant

Hi Masters,

Actually I want to customize the frontend product view by adding select color attribute in order to choose
    product variants that configured based on product family. In the further I would like link >>> that I expected.

I tried to customize my product view and I followed from https://github.com/oroinc/orocommerce/blob/master/src/Oro/Bundle/ProductBundle/Resources/doc/customize-pdp.md. Why it shows the old container and the new one like the picture link >> :D

Please give suggestion about it, And is there any another documentation provided how to customize product view detail ? Especially for ‘configurable’ product ..

Thanks in advanced

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies

igalayev
    Participant

Hi, Rio.
    The doc seems to be a bit incomplete and outdated (we’re going to fix them ASAP).
    Nevertheless you should follow it from the start and try to figure out step by step are there any errors which prevent the page blocks to display properly.

I assume you’re working in dev environment, so
    use developer toolbar to track which blocks are rendered.

Please feel free to write here for further investigation.

Rio
    Participant

Hi, Igalayev

Thanks for the information, right now I just followed that link and it’s work well to seperate product_type between ‘simple’ and ‘configurable’. A bit confuse related the documentation about the sentence
    # src/Acme/Bundle/ProductBundle/Resources/views/layouts/default/imports/oro_product_view/layout.yml

Should I create configuration files on existing ProductBundle in vendor oro/commerce or we can create own bundle with similiar name as ProductBundle in src/

Thanks you

igalayev
    Participant

Hi, Rio
    Yes, it’s recommended to extend functionality by adding your own bundle.

Rio
    Participant

Hi igalayev,

Yes, already worked with my own bundle, I just inactive/commented the code use ‘#’ on layout.yml for hide the old one

The file located at commerce/Oro/Bundle/ProductBundle/Resources/views/layout/blank/oro_product_frontend/ and I easily created block_type as I needed :)

I also tried to follow https://github.com/oroinc/orocommerce/blob/master/src/Oro/Bundle/ProductBundle/Resources/doc/customize-plp.md But there was an error appear related the item of @addTree, the suggestion is I should removed the item of product_index_page due to the duplication id. Here is the screenshoot when reproduced error

Could you give me some advice to solve it? Thanks :)

Rio
    Participant

Already worked :D, and the next error is :::

The options “instance_name” does not exist. Defined options are “additional_block_prefixes” …

I think the code from .yml file above not recognized from the documentation https://github.com/oroinc/orocommerce/blob/master/src/Oro/Bundle/ProductBundle/Resources/doc/customize-plp.md

Is there any missing thing? Please give me an advice

Thanks

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘OroCommerce’ is closed to new topics and replies.