OroCommerce Forums

Covering OroCommerce topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCommerce How to override Workflows?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  andre4 6 years, 4 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

andre4
    Participant

Hello,

Is there any way to modify the existing system workflows (ex. checkout)? Let’s say I’m going to add the field to checkout process (should be processed by workflows feature) – how can it be done? Thanks!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Michael
    Keymaster

You can create your own workflow and re-use whatever you need from the default checkout workflow.
    Technically it is also possible to modify our default workflows from your custom code, but it may complicate your upgrade process.

andre4
    Participant

Thanks for prompt response.

The official documentation (Workflow Imports) says you can reuse default workflows by import feature.

Correct me if I’m wrong – you should isolate workflow using exclusive_active_groups, exclusive_record_groups and priority options to run only your workflow. The main question here is how to deal with multiple bundles (different vendors) that try to reuse the same workflow (ex. checkout). Each bundle adds it’s own unique attributes, transitions and so on. What is the best way to solve that?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘OroCommerce’ is closed to new topics and replies.