OroCommerce Forums

Covering OroCommerce topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCommerce How to save the billing address or shipping address in checkout

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Frank 4 years, 5 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

bihucn
    Participant

Hi,
    When I am logged in, I created a new order, then I go to checkout.In Checkout, I want to save a new address to my account, but i have not see any checkbox that can do it. I have checked the source code, i found some code about save address. But it does not seem to take effect.
    The file is : vendor/oro/commerce/src/Oro/Bundle/CheckoutBundle/Resources/views/layouts/default/oro_checkout_frontend_checkout/templates/address.html.twig, Line: 96-100

So , how can i show the form???

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies

bihucn
    Participant

Sorry, i see the “form_row(save_address_checkbox)” was a hidden input tag. and the value was “0”, when the value was 1, it can save the address to my account.so, I want to know where its value comes from? from the workflow?? Can you give some detailed instructions please?
    Thank you.

Andrey Yatsenko

These checkboxes should be shown when you are creating new addresses and they control saving this new addresses that you are typing.
    save billing address checkbox
    Same for billing or shipping address

bihucn
    Participant

Hi, Andrey
    I did use the new address, but only the “Ship to this address” checkbox, no save address.
    Should I do some configuration?

Andrey Yatsenko

What role does your logged in user have?
    Or you work as an anonymous?

bihucn
    Participant

Hi,
    i tested as an anonymous and as a login user, and the login user’s role is “Buyer”

Andrey Yatsenko

Saving addresses for Buyer role is disabled by default.
    To enable this feature go to:
    Customers/ Customer User Roles / Buyer / Edit page and enabled Create permissions for Customer User Address and Customer Address entities.

Frank
    Participant

Hi Andrey,

have the same problem:
    Not showing ‘save address’ checkbox.

It’s users first visit (=guest visitor), he has no role yet ?!

How to configure backend to display the ‘save address’-checkbox?

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards
    Frank

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘OroCommerce’ is closed to new topics and replies.