OroCommerce Forums

Covering OroCommerce topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCommerce Memory Limit When Setup orocommerce application

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  riona 7 years, 10 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

brijesh.2135
    Participant

Hi,
    Can you gimme some hint for how to resolve memory issue when setting up orocommerce application.
    I set memory_limit=2048M in php.ini file but when I hit “php -i | grep memory” command It shows me 128M. So for we can not install orocommerce-application properly.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Michael
    Keymaster

Try to check what ini files are parsed by PHP, and whether you are modifying the right php.ini:

It will show something like:

brijesh.2135
    Participant

Hi Michael,

Thanks For you quick reply mate.
    I have resolve memory issue on windows server now.But when I setup orocommerce application it gives me error while database initialization steps i reached.it gives me below error:

OPERATION STATUS
    Clear cache before database initialization Failed
    Schema update Failed
    Load workflow definitions skipped
    Load processes configuration skipped
    Load fixtures skipped

So help me for resolve that issue.Also For bitnami server when I hit “php -i | grep memory” It gives me below output:

memory_limit => 2048M => 2048M
    Collecting memory statistics => No
    opcache.memory_consumption => 128 => 128
    opcache.preferred_memory_model => no value => no value
    opcache.protect_memory => 0 => 0

So I notice that memory_limit is fine but opcache.memory_consumption = 128 So for memory limit issue also occur on bitnami server or anything else.Give me your approach as you suggested.

Michael
    Keymaster

opcache.memory_consumption defines the size of the shared memory storage allocated for OPcache, in megabytes. This value is set in one of the ini files as well. PHP OPcache Manual (http://php.net/manual/en/book.opcache.php) provides recommendations on how to configure OPcache properly.

In regards to the cache clearing failure I recommend to start with thoroughly checking file/folder permissions to make sure that the web-server has write access to the cache directory. You may also check the Symfony documentation – http://symfony.com/doc/current/book/installation.html#book-installation-permissions

brijesh.2135
    Participant

Hi Michael,
    We have right permission for the “app Folder & web Folder” but for some reason we have stuck with the third step “database initialization” failed.

Here is the link to check the screenshot for installing orocommerce-application.
    http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=g0fea590250f6a501999770024ba7bb6d311da877b

For Above link you check the error while installation.so please give me some hint for resolve this issue.

Thankz

brijesh.2135
    Participant

Hello Michael,
    I realize I wrote above comment in hurry and may create confusion so writing it again here.
    So As you suggested I gave enough permissions to cache folder(s). You can see in first screenshot
    http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=g0fea590250f6a501999770024ba7bb6d311da877b

But it gave error which you can see in second screenshot.

I then re initiated process but now did not get the error I got in screenshot 2 but it gave error which is demonstrated in Screenshot 3.

Kindly suggest if I am missing any step in installation mate.
    Thanks for your support thus far.
    Cheerz

Michael
    Keymaster

It still looks like a file/folder access problem. On the screenshot #2 the error happens when Doctrine attempts to rename some cache folder (see line #32 in the error dump – this is the file/directory rename operation failing).

Other than quite obvious permission settings there could be other problems (that cannot be as easily detected by our setup script). For example in Linux there could be a configuration (combination of umask settings, file/folder ownership and permissions, extended filesystem ACL and user that the web-server is running under) where the web-server will be able to create files in a folder, but will not be able to delete or rename them afterwards.

Another possible issue (this time on Windows) could be an old Windows limitation on maximum file path length (255-260 characters). Even though NTFS file paths could be as long as 32000 characters long (with individual components not exceeding 255 chars), due to backwards compatibility reasons Windows still maintains an old limitation of 255-260 characters. If you are installing the application on Windows, you may try to give a shorter name to the application folder, e.g. change C:\My Webserver Apps\orocommerce-application\ to C:\www\oro\

brijesh.2135
    Participant

Hello Michael,

Thanks For your quick reply.
    Finally orocommerce-application installed on bitnami server.As you suggested there is a file/folder access problem.so After apply proper permission on files and folders setup properly on bitnami server.

Thankz

riona
    Participant

finally i got a solution for this iissue of path length try Long Path Length and get freedom from this error ehich you are facing for many days

riona

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘OroCommerce’ is closed to new topics and replies.