OroCommerce Forums

Covering OroCommerce topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCommerce Orocommerce API

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  razvanaldo 5 years, 8 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

ramy
    Participant

Hello,

I want to create a mobile app and want to use Orocommerce’s API for the Authentification, to get my products and to create a cart.
    I saw that i can’t use the API as a customer because i can’t generate a API Key to a customer but only for users like admin, manager…
    Do you think it will be possible in a near future?
    If yes, when do you think it will be available.
    Or do you think there is another solution to authentifie with a customer account.

Best regards.

Ramy FERJANI
    ramy@ferjani.fr

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Michael
    Keymaster

Hello Ramy,

Yes, the ability to use the API on the store frontend is coming in 1.6 LTS release (January).

Thank you

ramy
    Participant

Thank you for the answer.

Do you think i can start to work on the mobile app using the current API schema or there will be huge modification and i should wait the 1.6 LTS release.

Best Regards.

Michael
    Keymaster

You can start now.
    The way the API works will not change. The main changes will be splitting API configuration files (so that API can be configured differently for the frontend vs backend, e.g. what fields to expose, etc.), and the frontend API endpoint will be /api (instead of /admin/api).

Michael
    Keymaster

I actually have a question for you as well :-)
    What kind of authentication are you planning to / would prefer to use for the users of you app?

ramy
    Participant

I want my users to be able to connect to the app with their Orocommerce account.
    I need to check their username and password through the API. If they don’t have an account they can sign up in the app and the account will be saved in Orocommerce’s db.
    They will be able to create a cart, add items and pay with Stripe.

ramy
    Participant

Can I have access to a pre-release because I need to start as soon as possible (early december) ?

Michael
    Keymaster

It is not ready yet.

razvanaldo
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve seen that is mentioned about the Frontend REST API here: https://github.com/oroinc/customer-portal/blob/master/src/Oro/Bundle/FrontendBundle/Resources/doc/frontend-api.md

I’ve accessed the sandbox for the frontend section and I was able to successfully login with a set of credentials that belong to a customer user.

At the moment the only available resource is /api/login

Are there any other API resources exposed, or for the moment this is the single supported endpoint for the Frontend REST API?

Thank you!

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi Razvan,

No other resources are exposed at the moment, and login is the only endpoint currently supported for Frontend API.

However, we are actively developing other resources and are planning to release them in the near future. Please stay tuned to our product updates.

Thank you!

razvanaldo
    Participant

Hi Artem,
    Thank you for the quick reply, I appreciate it.

Good luck to the team!

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘OroCommerce’ is closed to new topics and replies.