OroCommerce Forums

Covering OroCommerce topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCommerce oroCommerce on a one.com hosting??

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Michael 7 years, 11 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

janbehang
    Participant

Hi I just starting to use oroCommerce for a client of mine where i need to redesign the standard oroCommerce to what he want. I have a starter one.com hosting account one.com specs and I was wonder if it is possible to put oroCommerce on this hosting platform and how this should be done.

Regards,

Jan Behang

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Michael
    Keymaster

Hi Jan,

Generally it looks like it might be possible, though not convenient:

• No SSH access in the starter package would require you to manage file and folder permissions manually through your file upload software or through the hosting panel web-interface.

• No SSH access means that you will not be able to run any console commands. I assume that during development you would be willing to update the application on the server frequently, which requires to run some console commands (e.g. app/console oro:platform:update – to upgrade the database and rebuild assets, and caches). Not being able to run those on the server would require you to upload all the files (including all generated web assets) and the database dump from your local machine to the server every time you need the server instance to be updated.

There could be other issues as well. At the very minimum I suggest you upload the application and run the installation wizard to see if all required PHP extensions are available.

Thank you,
    Michael Bessolov

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

The forum ‘OroCommerce’ is closed to new topics and replies.