Covering OroCommerce topics, B2B eCommerce trends, community updates and company announcements.
I would like to ask about performance related to search in community edition. I made some test on my local environment (docker / ubuntu / 8GB / SSD / i7):
– Added 100 000 products to catalog
– Use frontend search with some keyword (returned 98 000 products, 25 per page)
I noticed that retrieving results took 36 secounds. Only 2 queries had been executed long time (select found items, and count found items). The same action with standard demo catalog takes abount 2 seconds. My mysql has a little bit changed configuration (innodb_buffer_pool_size = 6GB etc.). I know that my local env is not the same like some production env, but I am afraid that performance lack will be very similar.
Could you tell me:
1) Have you done some performance test for product catalog with 100k products?
2) Using application with 100k products will be satisfied for customer (performance, what will be average respons time)?
2) Should I think about enterprise version for eshop with that big catalog?
I am asking because I wouldn’t want to improve performance if we made application for our client.
Thanks for answer!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.