OroCommerce Forums

Covering OroCommerce topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCommerce Permissions of orocommerce application

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  saqibbhat96 6 years, 11 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

saqibbhat96
    Participant

Hello all, im having lots of errors in my logs file prod.log

its clear the probleme is permisisons

My application folders, some are root, some are daemon and some with user=saaqib
    the web/media and cache needs write permissions which i have given, but when i add new product i have to give it the write permisisons agian.
    Where am i wrong, is it okeye if i change owner of all to user=saaqib

please assist
    thanks

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

dnahrebecki

Hello,
    please make sure that user which runs consumer has correct write permissions to this catalog.

You can read more about permissions in general in http://symfony.com/doc/2.8/setup/file_permissions.html

saqibbhat96
    Participant

Hello, Can you please elaborate on file structure, i have write permissions to all web category, cache, logs. but these issues are still there. How would i know which user is running consumers? and which path to catalog?

Also the link you sent suggests Use the same User for the CLI and the Web Server
    in my case it bitnami, so i have to change the owner to bitnami ?
    please assit
    thanks

dnahrebecki

Setting same user for cli and web server is the easiest option, but please make sure to narrow down privileges as Symfony suggest if you are going to use it on prod env

Please paste results of following commands:

saqibbhat96
    Participant

Hello @dnahrebecki,
    here are the results,

the permissions are set to 757 for now, the issue is i have to set again every time i add new product.

please assit
    thanks

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘OroCommerce’ is closed to new topics and replies.