OroCommerce Forums

Covering OroCommerce topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCommerce product visibility only for specific customer

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  bernard.hko 5 years, 10 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

bernard.hko
    Participant

we are an oem manufacturing company, we only want to show odm or oem product after specific customer login, it would be greatly appreciated if someone can explain in details how to setup the product visibility, i really do not understand the explanation in oro manual site, thanks

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Andrey Yatsenko

You can start from this video https://oroinc.com/b2b-ecommerce/media-library/manage-product-visibility
    and documentation guide https://oroinc.com/b2b-ecommerce/doc/1.6/user-guide/products/products/actions-details/managing-product-visibility

if it’s not enough, please give us some details where you stuck or what is not working as you expected after reading the doc.

Thank you

bernard.hko
    Participant

hi Andrey, thanks for your video and documentation guide, but i still found the difficulty on settings the visible of product only for specific customer.

what i did:
    system > configuration > commerce > customer > visibility both set to ‘hidden’, then no matter what i set in product visibility, the product still be hidden.
    eg: in Product visibility
    1. visibility to All ‘visible’
    2. visibility to customer groups – all group set to ‘visible’
    3. Visibility to Customers to ‘visible’
    but the product still be hidden, even specific customer user login and logout.

and vice versa if system configuration set both to ‘visible’
    and in product visibility set all fields to ‘hidden’, then the product will be visible no matter login or not.

can you show me some steps how to setup, my case is OEM products only display under that OEM comsumer login the site, thanks.

bernard.hko
    Participant

anyone can help? thanks

Michael
    Keymaster

Can you please check that the message consumer is running at all times?

If not, please make sure you followed this section from the installation instructions on configuring the background processes – https://oroinc.com/b2b-ecommerce/doc/1.6/install-upgrade/installation-quick-start-dev/commerce-crm#configure-and-run-required-background-processes

It should be running for the visibility management and many other features (e.g. pricing, emails, import/export) to work.

bernard.hko
    Participant

thanks, do u have instructions on configuring the background processes for apache server??

bernard.hko
    Participant

thanks got it!!!

app/console –env=prod oro:message-queue:consume -vv

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘OroCommerce’ is closed to new topics and replies.