OroCommerce Forums

Covering OroCommerce topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCommerce SEO / SEM fixes for Product Grid

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Andrey Yatsenko 5 years, 7 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

emgiezet
    Participant

Hi!
    My SEO agency told me that with today’s product grid on store front they are unable to run a campaign. They complain about pagination mechanism, that google bot can’t scrape next pages.

I told them that we got sitemap.xml as a fallback but they aren’t satisfied with this answer.

It’s possible to do something with SEO optimization of product grid? Especially pagination (maybe extract to other parameter).

Is anything planned in a roadmap aobut it?

Cherrs,
    Max

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Andrey Yatsenko

Hi emgiezet,

You are right, The product grid on the store-front must be SEO friendly and I thought it is.
    Pagination works even with disabled Javascript, so bots should follow that links.

Can you share the requirements to pagination links, the SEO agency give you, so we can validate the issue?

emgiezet
    Participant

Thanks for your reply Andrey. I finnaly got a reply from SEO agency.

Their main concern is that when the JS is Disabled links in pagination ( prev / next )

are just “sitename.com/c/category/#”

So they estimating about 50% seo / traffic loss due to this construction. I’m not a seo expert just quoting.

Cheers,
    Max

Andrey Yatsenko

There are real working links when JS disabled and you can follow them.

Here is a screenshot from the demo website with disabled JS.

As you can see the links are real.

Links look like in your screenshot only when there is no next or previous pages, then links ara disabled because nothing to follow.

max.kramer
    Participant

Hi there,

we’re starting with the same problem right now. We put on sitemaps to get all articles in the google-index yesterday.
    Hope Google crawls the pages soon :)

All products that can be accessed on a category page are found by Screamingfrog (SEO Crawler) and Google.
    All products on further product pages do not make it into the index.

The right way to do the pagination is written here: https://en.ryte.com/wiki/Pagination

Cheers
    Max

Andrey Yatsenko

Thank you for the link.

But this is just a copy of recommendations from Google. We already have an improvement at the backlog to add this metadata to all pages with paginated products.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘OroCommerce’ is closed to new topics and replies.