OroCommerce Forums

Covering OroCommerce topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCommerce unable to create reusable theme

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Amin 7 years, 1 month ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

Amin
    Participant

Hello,

I followed this tutorial:

https://www.orocrm.com/documentation/2.0/book/layout#book-themes-reusable-themes

And I still get acme-theme not found:

I’m using OroCRM 2.0 and PHP 7.0 on Ubuntu 16.

With the following PHP extensions:

Is there an open source Bundle with a theme I can just modify.
    Thank you in advance for your help.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Alex Puscas
    Participant

Hey Amin!

Please post the steps or the part of the tutorial you followed in order to configure the acme-theme theme.

This post might give you some useful information. Also, this issue might help you.

In order to get best help for ORO CRM application, please post questions about ORO CRM on ORO CRM Forum. We are more familiar with ORO Commerce application, but we will try to help you out.

Thanks,
    Alex Puscas

Amin
    Participant

So I created the settings file with the following content

name of my bundle:
    AcmeNewBundle

settings.yml path:
    src/Acme/Bundle/NewBundle/Resources/public/themes/acme-theme/settings.yml

Then, changed

And whenever I run theme list, i get the following:

Amin
    Participant

Note I am now using OroCommerce but I tried the same steps with OroCRM, since the documentation is identical and they are both built on top of OroPlatform.

Alex Puscas
    Participant

Hey Amin!

Try replacing - character with _ in the theme name. E.g: Use acme_theme instead of acme-theme. This should fix your issue.

There seams to be a bug related to theme naming.

Thanks for reporting it!
    Alex Puscas

Amin
    Participant

awesome man! works like a charm :D I freaking luv ya.

Just one more question, I followed this readme file as well

https://github.com/orocrm/platform/blob/master/src/Oro/Bundle/LayoutBundle/Resources/doc/theme_definition.md#route-related-updates

Basically created this file:

DemoBundle/Resources/views/layouts/first_theme/theme.yml

and had
    label: My Theme

It seems oro scans those directories and complains if I add something invalid, but whenever I do oro:theme:list it hangs, what’s the difference here, I am using OroCommerce but the readme is for OroCRM.

Thanks and feel free to mark this issue as resolved.

Alex Puscas
    Participant

Hey Amin!

Please explain with more details what issue you experience.
    If the issue is that oro:theme:list command runs slower when you modify theme configuration file, that is expected. You can disable xdebug or use latest PHP version in order to speed up things.
    You can also run cache:clear command before oro:theme:list in order to speed up oro:theme:list command.

Thanks!
    Alex Puscas

Amin
    Participant

No issue I was just wondering, what’s the difference between creating a theme in:

src/Acme/Bundle/NewBundle/Resources/public/themes/acme_theme/settings.yml

and

DemoBundle/Resources/views/layouts/first_theme/theme.yml

Both approaches are found in the documentation.

Alex Puscas
    Participant

ORO Commerce uses Layout Bundle and Layout Component for the store (front) part of the application. Layout defines the structure of the user interface and easy and powerful ways to configure and manipulate page structure. Configuration file DemoBundle/Resources/views/layouts/first_theme/theme.yml is used by Layout Bundle.

The other configuration file, src/Acme/Bundle/NewBundle/Resources/public/themes/acme_theme/settings.yml defines a theme used by Theme Bundle and is used for styling the management (back-office) part of the application.

Amin
    Participant

got it. thank you

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘OroCommerce’ is closed to new topics and replies.