OroCommerce Forums

Covering OroCommerce topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCommerce Unable to Translate Some UI Components

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhat 6 years, 4 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

Prabhat
    Participant

Hi.

I am trying to translate the UI messages, labels and components like buttons etc in a different language for say Dutch. I was able to translate many of the UI components, but some components are hardcoded, meaning, in the twig file its a hardcoded html used which does not let me translate the text on those components using backoffice (admin):
    System > Localization > Translations

An Example of such component is the Submit Button on the Contact Us Form in the Frontend.

After digging the path from which it is coming on frontend using grep -lnr command, the file I reached was:-
    vendor/oro/commerce-crm/src/Oro/Bridge/ContactUs/Resources/views/layouts/blank/contact_us_form.html.twig

Please help. I have no clues how to achieve this.

Regards,
    Prabhat Nagpal

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Michael
    Keymaster

Thank you for the bug report.
    The fix will be available in the next release.
    (reference ID – CRM-8650)

Prabhat
    Participant

Thanks for the update Michael. I was not knowing that this was a bug.

There are 3 more components which are hard coded in similar way:
    1. “In Stock” being displayed under the availability column on customer/shoppinglist uri
    2. “Display:” being displayed next to “Per Page” on the product category page
    3. The contact reason choices on the Contact Us Form.

Yurii Muratov
    Participant

Hi, @prabhatn.

The button label and “Display: being displayed next to “Per Page” on the product category page” will be fixed at next release.

About the other cases.

1. “In Stock” being displayed under the availability column on customer/shoppinglist uri
    This data is not hardcoded. it is the select property of Product entity. You can edit and translate this values in admin page. How to translate them you can find at my answer at OroCRM forum: https://www.orocrm.com/forums/topic/translate-enum-values-for-lead-status#post-40514. One note. In your case, you should find the entity ‘Product’ and the field ‘Inventory Status’.

3. The contact reason choices on the Contact Us Form.
    The contact reasons you can edit with System -> Contact reasons menu item in admin page.

Prabhat
    Participant

Hi Yurii,

I have checked the inventory status field in Product Entity via Entity Management. We can add/update values for inventory status but we cannot translate the values to different languages from there. Even shared link is also doing the same.

For contact reason there is no option for translation of the added values.

We are using community version 1.3.0 of OroCommerce. Please suggest, if I am doing anything wrong.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘OroCommerce’ is closed to new topics and replies.