In this release of OroCommerce we introduce a couple of new features and significantly improve the performance and responsiveness of store frontend.
Promotion engine allows to configure and run conditional promotions and apply various types of discounts to the customer orders (e.g. order discounts, line item discounts, "buy X get Y" discounts).
- It is possible to close the store frontend for guest users entirely, so that no pages other than the login form (and registration, if it is enabled in the system configuration) will be available.
- Guest users can now add items to the shopping list. This feature can be enabled and configured in the system configuration. The contents of guest shopping lists is stored in browser session and will be preserved after the registration or merged with the existing shopping lists if a registered user signs in.
- The registration form may include additional registration instructions. The content can be modified by store owners in the system configuration.
- Catalog managers can highlight new arrivals with additional label on the store frontend and have new configuration options for "New Arrivals" block on the store homepage.
- Product view page in the backoffice has been reorganized to allow for editing of different sections individually without opening the whole product edit page.
- You can manually add selected products to product collections in web catalog management. You can also exclude some products from the automatically generated list if necessary.
- Price list generation now includes additional price calculation strategy that uses minimum possible price for better compliance with some local rules and regulations.
- It is now possible to assign and show related products on the product view page.
- Catalog managers can select a page template for the store frontend product view page when editing product information.
- The main navigation menu has been optimized for mobile and tablet devices.
- You can display the contact information of the customer’s assigned sales representative on the store frontend.
- The "Contact Us" form on the store frontend can now be enabled through system configuration.
- Quick order page has been improved to include additional product information and improve user experience.
- Customers can now easily duplicate their shopping lists.
Performance Improvements and SEO
- By enabling image and font caching, page source compression and image compression your store frontend will rank higher in various website speed tests. Web-server specific examples are provided in the documentation.
- The new meta title field for products, categories and landing pages allows to control how your store frontend pages will be presented in search engine results.
- The default sitemap file chunk limit has been reduced down to 10,000 items per file.
Integrations and Customization
- The updated product API and the new price list API can be used to manage products information and price lists.
- Our default set of backoffice workflows now includes a quote management flow with additional approval steps.
- All files of the "custom" theme are now located in the single bundle as an example of how to properly create new store frontend themes for OroCommerce.
Starting from this version, you can use the NPM/Bower dependencies without the fxpio/composer-asset-plugin installed globally for composer. From now on, OroCommerce uses a dedicated packagist
asset-packagist.orocrm.com that replaces the plugin to improve the performance of composer operations. In earlier versions, having this plugin installed was an essential prerequisite for any composer commands.
If you have upgraded to version 1.3.0 or later from the earlier versions, please remove the fxpio/composer-asset-plugin using the following command:
composer global remove fxp/composer-asset-plugin
asset-packagist.orocrm.comfollows the naming conventions of the nmp packages and bower assets.
- When adding a new dependency to the project using composer, you may encounter a
package not foundmessage. This happens when the package is not yet indexed by the packagist. To handle this situation, please search for the package in the https://asset-packagist.orocrm.com. This results in the index update, and the package becomes available as the composer dependency.