eCommerce for B2B Electronics Distributors and Wholesalers
Distributors that moved online are seeing 5x more revenue growth than their peers.
Some within the B2B electronics distribution industry still find it difficult to start a B2B eCommerce store for fear of upsetting existing distribution channels and processes. However, more and more distributors are moving away from traditional selling methods and strategies to embracing agile, growth- and customer-centric approaches. This means investing in supply chain digitalization and eCommerce platform for electronics.
Key Benefits of a B2B Solution for B2B Wholesale Electronics
Expand Market ShareSee full features list
Grow your market share and customer base
- Start selling with a B2B self-service portal that’s open 24/7 and tailored to customer needs – regardless of the size or complexity of their company, industry vertical, purchasing, or invoicing processes.
- Build SEO and mobile-friendly websites B2B consumer electronics buyers will gravitate to. Give customers real-time inventory data, convenient payment options, and intuitive checkout experiences.
- Sell your products across multiple channels, including B2B2B or direct to consumer. All this becomes possible with an eCommerce platform for electronics that supports multiple selling models.
- Manage a global B2B wholesale electronics business from one place. Create a web presence targeted to every geographic area through multiple eCommerce stores in multiple languages, currencies, and payment options.
Improve Customer ExperienceSee full features list
Boost sales, AOV and repeat purchases
- Accommodate any business requirements. Offer your B2B electronics wholesale customers the right multi-level, permission-based access for product catalogs, quotes, price lists, and order approval processes.
- Make shopping easy with a powerful search engine. Help users find B2B consumer electronics through SKUs, part numbers, product descriptions, attributes, and more. The built-in autocomplete functionality ensures that no question is left unanswered.
- Create personalized experiences for every customer with personalized product catalogs, prices, quoting, ordering, and shipping options. Make it easy for other B2B electronics distributors and online electronics customers to come back and repurchase from you.
- Build personalized marketing campaigns via landing pages, discounts, and loyalty programs. OroCommerce’s powerful electronics eCommerce platform includes reports for marketers to quickly create promotions and campaigns according to customer segments.
Automate Your BusinessSee full features list
Minimize costs and maximize productivity
- Streamline the storefront and back-end experiences with built-in pricing, negotiations, and promotions engine. With automated quoting and contract management, eCommerce reps can spend time on customers, not data entry.
- Market your electronic products towards multiple industries. Build separate B2B wholesale electronics websites under one roof, all with independent backend processes such as access hierarchies, quoting, contracts, and more.
- Get a full view of your customers with a CRM system fully integrated into your electronics eCommerce platform. Use the custom reporting engine and Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce to make better marketing decisions.
- Integrate your ERP, CRM, PIM, WHMS, and any other business system with your online electronics selling platform. Eliminate data silos and keep your eCommerce system as a single source of truth with powerful two-way, real-time sync.
Future-Proof Your BusinessSee full features list
Build an electronic business for the future
- Electronic distributors and suppliers need to build relationships with the end-customer, the retailer and create partnerships with vendors and suppliers. Start with an online electronics eCommerce platform that supports multiple selling models, including B2X or direct to consumer.
- The configurable API supports not only flexible integrations but the creation of PWA and headless commerce implementations. This gives electronic eCommerce distributors more freedom to accommodate the requirements of selling partners and retailers.
- Create online experiences B2B customers look for. OroCommerce helps you build resilience and the ability to pivot, shortening time to market. Quickly act on new sales opportunities and expand your store to new markets without the need to replatform.
- Set up your B2B electronics wholesale business for growth. Be ready for the future and stay competitive in the electronic industry with cutting-edge features, a robust back-end, and a scalable platform designed specifically for consumer electronics eCommerce B2B selling.
Electronics Distributor Success Story
Petra leads innovation in B2B wholesale electronics distribution with OroCommerce.
Learn how Petra, a national leader in the rapidly changing electronics distribution space, was able to streamline sales and personalize the customer experience with the help of a dedicated eCommerce platform for electronics.
eCommerce Helps Distributor Improve Customers' Digital Experience
Enhanced Search Features
Director of Marketing at Petra
Why Electronics Distributors Choose OroCommerce
Frequently Asked Questions About B2B eCommerce for Electronics Distributors
What is the impact of eCommerce on electronics distribution?
When buyers look for supplies, components, or products sold by electronic distributors, they look online first. Between 2019 and 2020, eCommerce use increased by 87.3% for distributors under $50 million and 47% by distributors larger than $1 billion. Growing customer expectations, greater resilience, the need to streamline back-office processes are some of the reasons why electronic distributors move into eCommerce.
Why should a B2B electronics distributor try eCommerce?
Wholesale electronics buyers, like consumers, want to compare products, check prices, place orders, and track their shipments. With eCommerce, electronics distributors can reach, serve, and sell to customers wherever they are, on their desktops or mobile devices.
Instead of juggling phone calls and mailing out product catalogs, sales reps can make information available to customers on a distributor website and self-serve portal. Customers can order online at their convenience, distributors can automate order approvals and contract negotiation, and spend more time on growing relationships with customers.
What are the benefits of eCommerce for electronics wholesalers?
Electronics wholesalers can benefit hugely from launching their eCommerce websites. The first benefit is improved brand awareness an SEO-friendly eCommerce site can bring. Since your digital presence is not confined by the four walls of your warehouse, it will be easier to scale and expand into new markets and locations.
Aside from greater reach, you’ll be able to market to customers, which will help you grow sales, average order values, and keep customers coming back. You’ll be able to tailor pricing and promotions to the right customer and offer a better customer experience. Lastly, you can expect greater staff productivity since you’ll be able to automate administrative tasks and enable customers to help themselves with self-service.
Looking to streamline eCommerce for B2B electronic distributors?
Explore these resources:
Ultimate guide to eCommerce replatforming
This guide covers all the stages of the ecommerce replatforming process: starting from identifying replatforming is necessary to the actual plan of action for your migration and post-migration stages.Download the Copy
How to get offline customers to purchase online
This guide shares best practices on how to convert offline B2B buyers into online customers by overcoming resistance and effectively communicating them the benefits of B2B online portals.Download the Copy
Estimate your B2B eCommerce ROI
Determine the true ROI of your B2B eCommerce project and make the right decision with confidence. Simply supply your business information and sales data and we’ll give you a full breakdown of costs, the time to ROI and how your investment pays off.Calculate Your ROI