Oro, Inc. is a software development company based in U.S. and focused on open source business applications development. We started five years ago, in late 2012 and today our team have grown to 100+ players who bring the cutting edge technical expertise in web application and business software development and integration.
As a product company, we focus on the development of Oro suite open source software solutions for multi-channel businesses:
- OroPlatform – a business application platform that helps companies accelerate their custom business application development. OroPlatform is used as a baseline for all Oro products.
- OroCRM – a CRM solution for multichannel companies, with built-in marketing tools.
- OroCommerce – an e-commerce platform purpose-built for B2B companies.
Technology-wise, Oro uses JS + PHP + Symfony full-stack framework and some of the cutting edge technologies (docker-based deployment, CI, MQ, ElasticSearch, etc.).
We are looking for a Senior Technical Writer to join our team.
A successful candidate will:
- Support creating, editing, and publishing documentation related to Oro suite of products:
- User and administrator guides,
- Configuration and integration procedures,
- Documentation for developers,
- API description,
- Online learning courses,
- Partners and developers training, etc.
- Proofread and review drafts for grammar and style, format, clarity, and overall consistency; contribute to the style guide to enforce consistency in Oro documentation and learning materials.
- Supervise and carry out documentation maintenance and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Handle documentation quality control and overlook the documentation publishing process.
- Develop storyboard scripts for instructional videos that explain technology concepts and common tasks.
- 5+ years in technical writing, technical communication, business analysis, or similar positions
- Excellent English writing skills: grasp of spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Excellent presentation and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, strive for consistency, and willingness to learn new tools and technologies quickly
- Ability to work well with distributed teams in agile environment
Nice to have (optional):
- Technical Communication certificate is a plus
- Understanding of the development process and tools (IDE, CLI, CI, logging/monitoring)
- Knowledge of complex/distributed/high-load architecture elements (in-memory databases, cache and index solutions, etc.)
- Understanding OOP principles
- Programming experience
- Competitive salary in USD
- Working schedule Monday-Friday 11:00 – 20:00
- Annual paid vacation (24 days) and covered sick leaves, paid overtimes
- The opportunity for professional growth
- Pleasant working conditions in a comfortable office
- Welcoming atmosphere (awesome team of professionals always ready to help)