Oro Inc. fuels digital transformation for manufacturers, distributors, and wholesalers with OroCommerce, the leading cloud-based B2B digital commerce solution. We enable B2B companies to increase sales while reducing costs. Our solution facilitates launching multiple websites and portals for different brands, business models, territories, and core models. Headquartered in Los Angeles with a fully remote workforce across the US, Oro also has sales and development offices throughout Europe. Learn more about what our growing and innovative team is accomplishing at www.oroinc.com.
We are looking for a System Engineer to join our team on a full-time basis.
A successful candidate will:
- Support production engineering teams in deploying multiple environments for new customers.
- Develop and maintain puppet profiles and manifests to fully automate the infrastructure. We are currently creating a new one based on Google Cloud Platform technologies.
- Setup and manage tasks to improve current processes and tools.
- Provide constant support of customer staging.
- Improve the architecture of existing environments.
- Profound knowledge of Puppet DSL to support automation of all deployments.
- Deep understanding of production environments configuration concepts and Puppet components interaction (PuppetDB, CA Server, compile masters).
- Good Linux skills set (RHEL, Debian, Ubuntu).
- Good experience with web servers like Apache and Nginx (Apache/mod_php, Nginx/PHP-FPM).
- Knowledge of PHP, PHP-FPM Pools, and OpCache configuration.
- Good experience in PostgreSQL and MySQL databases (configuration, performance tuning, backup/restore).
- Expertise in detecting performance issues and solving them.
- Awareness of infrastructure monitoring basics (Zabbix, Collectd, etc.)
- Basic network knowledge and skills of TCP/IP, Firewall, routing, load balancing, mail, DNS.
Will be an advantage:
- Experience in Memcached, Redis server.
- Experience in cloud technologies (GCP, Openstack, AWS).
- Experience in Elasticsearch clusters.
- Experience with RabbitMQ