OroCommerce Forums

Covering OroCommerce topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCommerce Minimum Quantities To Order (MQTO) Config is limited to item number

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  hlandaeta 7 years, 1 month ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

hlandaeta
    Participant

In System/Configuration->Commerce/Inventory/Limitations I found the only backend config available in Oro to determine MQTO, but the limits can only be configured in product unit quantities which is definitively not the most used MQTO unit, even in the B2B sphere. I wonder if not having the option to config MQTO in monetary units is an oversight, a bug or an purpose built limitation?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Michael
    Keymaster

You do not need to use inventory settings to limit monetary MQTO as it can be limited through the price management.
    Simply do not create price tiers for smaller quantities.
    For example, if you want to set monetary MQTO for the Product A, and the unit price is $5, then make the tiered prices to start at 20 units. You can either do it manually, or build this into the price calculation rule (e.g. create a new product attribute in Product -> Product Attributes to store this monetary MQTO, and then use its value in the expression for the quantity tiers in the price lists)

hlandaeta
    Participant

Thanks for your reply Michael. I believe that’ll do for us now but it would be great to have it in the place that I, for one, would be looking for it. FYI we’re currently building our B2B2C system based on the Oro Commerce platform, this is not a sporadic test. We believe in the platform and are fully committed.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘OroCommerce’ is closed to new topics and replies.