OroCommerce Forums

Covering OroCommerce topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCommerce Related to Restrictions

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Viacheslav Bemza 6 years, 2 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

sarthak goel
    Participant

Hi,
    I am using Orocommerce 1.3.0 version. I want to restrict the access of all the products to every user who is registered from the front end unless from backend admin will assign that user to a group which has all the authorities to see the product.
    Please Help.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Viacheslav Bemza
    Participant

Hello, Sarthak Goel!

For your case, you can use product visibility restrictions. For example create new Customer Group for such new Customers, and set visibility options for this Customer Group to ‘visible’ for your products.
    You can read more about product visibility here.

sarthak goel
    Participant

Hi Viacheslav,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I can do that but I have 1000 products, so are you saying that I have to manually open all the 1000 Products and update their visibility?
    One more thing which is Can I assign a newly registered customer user from front end to a group by default or we have to do it manually from the backend?

Viacheslav Bemza
    Participant

so are you saying that I have to manually open all the 1000 Products and update their visibility?

Yep. Hm, I can suggest one more way. You can create some category in the master catalog, assign all this products to this category (using import, or via UI) and set visibility for this category. It should works because by default products has visibility to category.

Can I assign a newly registered customer user from front end to a group by default or we have to do it manually from the backend?

It can’t be done without a code customization. I advice to using import functionality, or do it manually.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘OroCommerce’ is closed to new topics and replies.