We’re happy to let you know that the latest OroCRM 3.1 Long-Term Support release is now available for download! This release follows in the footsteps of the latest OroCommerce 3.1 LTS release by sharing the vast majority of its technological upgrades and improvements.
OroCRM has been upgraded to run on the latest web technologies:
- OroCRM is now powered by Symfony 3.4 LTS
- The new minimal required PHP version is 7.1.26
- OroCRM applications can now be run on PHP 7.2.
- OroCRM has migrated to Bootstrap 4.1
- LESS preprocessor is no longer supported as all of the files in OroCRM have been converted to the SCSS format
More improvements have been made in reference to localization settings:
- Locale-related configuration options have been reviewed and simplified to streamline the installation process as well as improve the configuration of a multi-language setup.
- Various improvements to existing features have been made when multiple languages are enabled in the system. Both storefront customers and back-office users may see the content in the language and format according to their language preferences and locale settings.
UI/UX improvements were also the focus of the new release:
- Management Console has been completely redesigned to give it a contemporary look & feel as well as an improved UX design.
- The new “Case-Insensitive Email Addresses” configuration option allows the system to accept different capitalizations and recognize them as the same email address during the registration.
OroCRM security has been strengthened in regard to websocket connections, ACL model extensions, and user security audit:
- OroCRM may now connect to a websocket server via the SSL/TLS connection and pass SSL connect options if necessary.
- To further improve the security of a websocket connection and reduce the risk of Cross-Site WebSocket Hijacking (CSWSH) attacks, the Origin headers are now checked against a list of the allowed origins after the websocket connection is established.
- The ACL security model has been updated and can now be extended with custom data access rules.
- To simplify the security audit, the application keeps track of all failed back-office login attempts and related security events.
Monitoring and Upgrades
New OroCRM 3.1 provides system administrators with simplified system monitoring and upgrades:
- System administrators can now utilize new application health check endpoints to monitor the availability of individual application components. The endpoint web page will display a list of the performed checks with the exact status of each component.
- The new skip-search-reindexation and schedule-search-reindexation options have been added to the upgrade command allowing for the search index update to be postponed when upgrading applications with large catalogs.
Developer Experience and Integrations
A few new tools have been introduced to streamline application development based on OroCRM:
- The reporting engine can now be configured to use a separate connection to offload all resource-consuming queries to a database replica.
We have deprecated a few outdated features in this OroCRM 3.1 release:
- Microsoft Exchange integration is no longer included in OroCRM Enterprise Edition.
- Magento 1 integration was deprecated and is no longer supported.
- Microsoft Outlook integration has been removed from the default setup and is now available to the Enterprise Edition customers as a separate extension. This extension is supported and maintained in 3.1 LTS release, but we are not planning to upgrade it for compatibility with further LTS releases in 2020.
How to Upgrade to OroCRM 3.1 LTS
To upgrade OroCRM, follow the upgrade instructions. The upgrade process is similar for all Oro applications.
Also, check out our Product Roadmap: Looking Towards OroCommerce 4.X for more information on Oro products release schedule.