We’re excited to inform our Community that OroPlatform and OroCRM version 2.4 is now available.
The new version of OroCRM (for both Community and Enterprise Editions) introduces performance and user experience improvements as well as several bug fixes. In this release, the Oro Team has focused on improving existing features for better usability. The new OroPlatform version 2.4 offers an upgraded system configuration search, MessageQueue jobs logging, as well as meaningful enhancements to core functionality like our REST API and workflows engine.
Here’s a more detailed overview of what’s changed in OroPlatform 2.4:
System configuration search
Search is now enabled for system configurations. This allows admins to quickly find the appropriate settings that need configuration.
MessageQueue (MQ) logging
MQ jobs are now being logged separately in the console. This simplifies the debugging process for developers as they can access the MQ jobs logs separately from the application logs.
- API validations have been moved from processors to the form builder.
- Support of merge behavior for collections fields
- Parameters added to API resources are now available in the documentation and sandbox.
- The API key generator issues secure keys (via cryptography) with a stronger encryption.
- Workflows and workflow nodes containing actions or conditions can no longer be cloned or edited from the UI.
- Processing speed (i.e. warmup of ‘application.yml’) has been significantly improved to ensure the application’s UI is updated instantly.
- Organization and owner fields are now optional for ‘POST’ requests.
- The color of the main action button in ‘Warning!’ popups has been changed from blue to red.
- The speed of ElasticSearch reindexing has been increased up to 95%. The size of the index file has been improved correspondingly.
- Asset improvements were moved from ‘LayoutBundle’ to ‘AsseticBundle’.
- Improvement in extended entity bundle to support cascade option for inverse side associations.
We hope you enjoy the new OroPlatform and OroCRM 2.4. Stay tuned for further product upgrades!
Please feel free to submit suggestions for further improvements. We’d love to hear your feedback in our comments or forums.