To save details of actual people with whom you are getting in touch during the business activities, use the Contact records (“contacts”).
A contact may be assigned as a related entity to records of other entities, e.g. to users, accounts, and opportunities.
Create a Contact Record¶
In order to create a Contact record:
- Go to Customers → Contacts.
- Click the Create Contact button.
- Define the contact settings in the sections described below.
The “General” section defines the basic settings of the contact created. The following fields are mandatory and must be defined in the section.
|Owner||Define users that can manage the contact, subject to the role settings.|
|First Name and Last Name||Name used to refer to the contact in the UI.|
The rest of the fields are optional. They can be used to define additional details of the contact, such as the name prefix and suffix, the middle name, free-text description, emails and phone numbers, birthday, etc.
- With the optional field “Assigned To” you can specify a User record, to which the contact will be assigned.
- With the optional field “Reports To” you can specify another Contact record, that corresponds to a person in charge of the contact added (e.g. manager of the department, CEO of the company etc.).
- You can also add a picture (upload a picture to be used for the contact in the UI) and/or tags related to the contact.
- With the “Addresses” form you can define Billing and Shipping addresses of the contact. Any amount of the addresses may be added.
Any custom fields added to the User entity can be defined in the *Additional section.
The “Groups” section contains all the contact groups available in the system. Check the boxes to assign the contact to a group.
One contact may be assigned to several groups.
View and Manage a Contact Record¶
All the contacts available are displayed in the contacts grid (Customers → Contacts).
From the grid you can:
- Export or import contacts, as described in the Import and Export Functionality guide.
- Delete a contact from the system:
- Get to the Edit form of the contact:
- Get to the View page of the contact:
- Perform bulk delete of several contacts.