The “Magento Customer” records represent clients of a Magento-based store, for which data is collected within the channel. The entity must be assigned to a Magento channel.
After the successful synchronization with Magento, the list of Web Customers and their details will be loaded to OroCRM and, if two-way synchronization has been enabled can be processed in OroCRM.
Create a Magento Customer Record¶
If the two-way synchronization has been enabled, you can create a new Magento customer from OroCRM.
In order to create a new Magento customer in the system:
- Go to the Customers -→ Magento Customers.
- Click Create Magento Customer button.
- The Create Magento Customer form will appear:
The following fields are mandatory and must be defined:
|Channel||Choose the channel for which the customer is being created. All the active channels of the Magento type are available.|
|Store||Choose a Magento store for which the customer is being created. All the stores available within the channel specified will be available.|
|Customer Group||Choose a customer group to which the created customer will be assigned in Magento. All the customer groups available within the store specified will be available.|
|First Name and Last Name||Define the name used to refer to the customer in Magento.|
Limits the list of users that can manage the customer to users whose roles allow managing Magento customers assigned to the owner (e.g. the owner, members of the same business unit, system administrator, etc.).
By default, the user creating the record is chosen.
|Password||Define the password for the Magento Customer. Empty password cannot be set.|
The rest of the fields are optional. They have been added to the system based on the best Magento practices and keep additional details of the customer (such as the customer’s middle name, birthday, gender, related Contact and Account). The optional fields may be left empty.
Once all the necessary fields have been defined, click the button in the right top corner of the page to save the customer in the system.
Manage Magento Customer Records¶
The following actions can be performed for Magento customers:
From the grid you can:
- Subscribe or unsubscribe the customers to/from the Magento Newsletter: or
- Get to the Edit form of the customer:
- Get to the View page of the customer:
From the View page you can:
- Create an order for the customer in Magento: click the Create Order to get to the Admin Panel and place and order in Magento.
- Subscribe or unsubscribe the customers to/from the Magento Newsletter: click the Subscribe or Unubscribe buttons.
- The rest of the actions available from the View page depend on the system settings defined in the Communication & Collaboration section of the Magento Customer entity configuration. See step 4 of the Create an Entity action description.