Import and Export Data¶
OroCRM’s import and export functionality is a simple way of working with multiple records in the .CSV format.
If the functionality is enabled for an entity, Export and Import buttons are displayed in the top right corner of the page. If a grid can be exported the Export button will appear on the left, just above the grid. What records can be exported/imported and what field will be used as a record identifier during update, is defined by the system administrator.
- Click on the Import button.
- Choose Download Data Template.
- Make a .csv file in compliance with the template.
Mandatory fields of the entity must be specified
- Click the Import button.
- Click Choose File and choose a .csv file to import.
- Click Submit.
- Carefully read through the submission form.
- Click the Back button to choose another file or Import button to go on with the import
- First, the “Validation started. Please wait.” message will appear.
- When the import has finished, the “File is successfully imported.” message will appear.
Once import is over, the new entity records will appear in the grid.
- Go to the grid and
- Click the Export button.
- The “Export started. Please wait.” message will appear at the top of the screen.
- As soon as the export is over, the message will change to: “Export performed successfully, [number] downloads exported. Download result file.”
- Click the “Download result file” link at the end of the message, and the download will be performed subject to your browser settings.
In a similar way, you can export records of specific grid (subject to all the adjustments and filters applied). To do so, click the Click the Export Grid button and select “CSV” below it. The download will start and the file will be save in compliance to your browser settings.
Please note that scope of record details exported, their names and position in the .csv file depend on the Import&Export settings of the entity fields.