Role on the Interface¶
The information about a role is divided into four sections.
|Role||The name of the role. This value must be unique in the system.|
|Description||Short but meaningful description of the role.|
|Organization||Which organization this role is applicable within. Value System-Wide means that this role is applicable to all organizations defined in the system.|
This section contains information about permissions included in a role.
For convenience, permissions are grouped in tabs by functions they control:
- All—All the permissions available on the other four tabs.
- Account Management—Access to the account management.
- Marketing—Access to the data useful for marketing team.
- Sales data—Access to the data useful for sales team.
- System Capabilities—Access to the system functionalities.
Each tab, except System Capabilities, is divided into two sections:
- With the list of ‘action on entity’ permissions.
- With the list of capabilities.
The System Capabilities tab lists only capabilities that control access to the system functionalities.
It is divided itself in the following sections:
- Address—A permission that defines whether a user can see drop-down country, address lists when they fill in address forms.
- Application—Access to system parts of OroCRM application (job queue, system configuration, etc.) or additional extension of ‘action on entity’ permissions(whether a user can share grid views, change passwords of other users, etc.).
- Calendar—Access to management of system calendars, etc.
- Entity—Permissions that define whether a user can import or export entity records, find them via the search functionality, etc.
For more information about the system capabilities, see the Capabilities List <./admin-capabilities>.
The list of users that have this role.