The following guide describes how you can configure tags in your Oro application. Tags are located under System > Tags Management in the main menu.
See a short demo on how to create tags, or continue reading the guidance below.
Prior to starting your work with tags, ensure that tagging is enabled for the required entity.
To enable tags for entities:
Navigate to the main menu and click System > Entities > Entity Management.
Click to open the edit form for the required entity.
In the Other section, select Yes in the Enable Tags field.
Click Save and Close when you are done.
Please note that if you wish to disable tags for an entity, this will irreversibly erase all its existing tags.
Tags can be created in a number of ways:
- From the Tag page under System > Tags Management > Tags.
- From the general page of an entity (ensure that tagging is enabled for the required entity).
- From the details page of an entity.
From the Tag Page¶
Click Create Tag to create a new tag.
Define the following fields:
Field Description Owner Limits the list of users who can manage the tag. Name Specify the name for your tag. Taxonomy Select the taxonomy to which the tag will be assigned.
- Click Save and Close.
From the General Page of an Entity¶
Navigate to Customers > Accounts in the main menu or select any other entity to create a tag for.
Within the list of an entity, select the required entity and click .
From the Details Page of an Entity¶
- Navigate to Customers > Accounts in the main menu or select any other entity to create a tag for.
- Click the required entity to open its details page.
Manage Tags From the Tags List¶
Navigate to System > Tags Management > Tags.
Within the tags list, you can:
View Tagged Content¶
Clicking the selected tag will redirect you to a page where you can view all the records that have been assigned to your selected tag. This way you can search for any required tag within the system.
For instance, clicking Gold will redirect you to the page with a list of all records that have Gold as a tag.
The number in brackets indicates the how many records within the group are assigned to the selected tag.
Tags in Reports¶
It is possible to filter your reports by tags. For instance, we can create a report that will show contacts tagged as Gold. To do that:
- Navigate to Reports&Segments > Manage Custom Reports.
- Click Create Report and fill all the required information in the General, Designer and Chart Designer sections as described in the Create a Custom Report guide.
- Within the Filters section, add the Field Condition by dragging it to the right.
- Select Contact > Tags.
- Enter is any of Gold.
- Click Save and Close.
You can create any reports of your choice and filter them by tag in a similar manner.