With OroCRM you can automatically generate a list of contacts used for marketing purposes (mass call or mailing) subject to predefined conditions. For example, you can create a list of personal and contact details of leads added to the system after October 1 with addresses in California. Such lists are called “Marketing Lists”.
The way to create and manage Marketing List records is described below.
Create Marketing Lists¶
Go to Marketing → Marketing Lists and click the Create Marketing List button in the top right corner of the grid.
The Create Marketing List form will emerge.
Define the list settings, as described in the sections below:
The following fields are mandatory and must be specified:
|Name||Name used to refer to the marketing list in the system.|
|Entity||Choose an entity from the drop-down. Only entities that have contact details (E-mail or phone number) are available. Records of the chosen entity and entities related to it will be used to create the list of contacts.|
Chose the list type from the drop-down:
|Owner||Limits the list of users that can manage the marketing list to the users, whose roles allow managing marketing lists of the owner (e.g. the owner, members of the same business unit, system administrator, etc.).|
Optional field Description can be filled with free text to help you and other users to understand the purpose or peculiarities of the list in the future.
Custom fields may be added subject to specific business-needs.
In the “Filters” section you can define the Activity and/or Data audit and/or Field Condition and/or Condition Group filters that will be used to select the records for the list.
More information about the ways to define filters is provided in the Filters Management guide.
In the “Columns” section, define the set of fields. The only goal of this set of fields is to visualise records that meet the filter requirements. Value of the chosen fields will be displayed at the View page of the Marketing List.
Marketing activities require some contact information, so at least one column that contains it must be selected. The list of these fields is provided in the “Designer” section. (e.g. for contacts these are Primary Email and Primary Phone fields).
- Choose the fields from the drop-down in the “Column” section.
- Label is the way the field will be referred to in the grid. The value defined for the field will be added by default, but can be changed.
- Define the sorting order if you want the grid to be sorted by the field value.
- Click the Add button.
Use action icons in the last column to edit the grid:
- Delete a column from the list with
- Edit the column settings with
- Change the column position, dragging the column by the icon
Save the list in the system with the button in the top right corner of the page.
Manage Marketing Lists¶
The following actions are available for a marketing list from the grid:
- Delete the list from the system:
- Get to the Edit form of the list:
- Get to the View page of the list:
Marketing List View Page¶
The View page of a marketing list contains:
Mapping buttons: As soon as OroCRM has been integrated with a third party system, to which a marketing list may be mapped, you will see Connect to … buttons, with which you can, for example, map the list to Subscribers Lists in MailChimp or Address Books of Dotmailer.
See general details of the list.
See the grid of all the records on the Marketing Lists.
Marketing List Grid¶
The grid contains:
- Columns defined in the Create form.
- “TOTAL CONTACTED” column: contains the number of times a record of this marketing list was contacted within different E-mail campaigns.
- “LAST CONTACTED” column: contains the date when a record of this marketing list was last contacted within different Email campaigns.
Please note that if the same record is a part of different marketing lists, its data from other marketing lists will not affect the TOTAL CONTACTED and LAST CONTACTED values.
- “SUBSCRIBED” column: Initially all the users in the list are subscribed (the column value is “Yes”). If following one of the Email campaigns using the marketing list, a user has unsubscribed, the value is changed to “No” and the user is excluded from the next mailings.
Action icons in the last column of the grid enable the following actions:
Get to the “View” page of the grid item:
Unsubscribe/Subscribe items from/to the list manually: and icons
Remove the item from the list:
As soon as at least one item has been removed, the “Removed Items” grid will appear.
Action icons in the last column of the “Removed Items” grid enable the following actions:
- Get to the “View” page of the grid item:
- Restore the item in the marketing list:
Now, you can go ahead, and use contacts of your marketing lists to run dedicated campaigns among the customers that best suit your purposes.