OroCRM Users and Their Benefits¶
This chapter of the guide explains the most common OroCRM user roles in order to help you understand which sections of this user guide best match your work duties.
OroCRM Community vs Enterprise¶
OroCRM comes in two editions, Community Edition (CE) and Enterprise Edition (EE).
The key differences between the two is that OroCRM Enterprise Edition offers enhanced application performance scalability, extended functional capabilities and customer support.
On top of the features available in OroCRM CE, OroCRM EE provides:
- Big data processing with PostgreSQL database.
- Big data search with ElasticSearch.
- Integration with RabbitMQ to handle large amounts of job queues.
- Multiple organizations support.
- Multiple websites support.
- Multiple currencies support.
- Support for inventory management across multiple warehouses.
- OroCommerce, LDAP, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Exchange integrations.
Complete information on differences between OroCRM Community and Enterprise editions is illustrated in the Edition Comparison chart.
Something for Everyone¶
Collect and Process Information Easily¶
OroCRM handles critical CRM tasks such as:
- Collecting and aggregating information related to customers, sales, marketing campaigns, the sales pipeline, and the overall performance of the business or enterprise.
- Organizing the information in a way that is both meaningful and efficient.
- Ensuring easy, convenient, and safe access to information for all the stakeholders with customizable access and permission settings.
- Creating workflows that mirror or improve upon existing business processes as well as providing an overhead view of that pipeline.
Please refer to the Data Management section to understand how information is represented and processed within OroCRM.
Get a 360-Degree View of Your Customers’ Activity¶
Centralizing information about your customers and their activities is at the heart of OroCRM. In order to learn how customer accounts and contacts are managed in OroCRM, please refer to the Common Features section.
Organize Information and Make Informed Decisions¶
OroCRM’s business intelligence tools will help you organize data and improve your decision-making process:
- Use predefined widgets to create informative dashboards to display metrics and pipelines, and to gain quick access to regularly used activities
- Analyze and visualize historical data and trends with reports
- Narrow down the exact segment of data you’re looking for with segmentation
Please refer to the Business Intelligence Tools section of this guide to learn more about how OroCRM can be used to analyze information.
Communicate and Delegate¶
Anyone can benefit from OroCRM’s productivity tools, which allow authorized users to:
- Create calendar events for themselves or other users
- Create templates with merge fields or write custom emails in the fly
- Log calls
- Assign tasks to themselves or to others
- Make notes and comments on different entities within OroCRM
See the Productivity Tools section of the User Guide to learn more about how OroCRM can help to improve communication and task management within your company.
Tools for Sales Representatives¶
Sales representatives have many responsibilities, ranging from lead generation to closing a sale with a prospective client. Throughout, they takes notes and capture various needs. OroCRM helps sales representatives by providing them with methods they can use to store this information, as well as by adding structure where needed in order to simplify their work. It does all this through the following capabilities:
- Providing a 360 degree view of a customer that includes past communication and notes
- Ability to get in touch with customers directly from OroCRM with Google Hangouts or email
- Fully customizable workflows and processes that provide structure to the sales process
- Tools to collect and process requests received via email or from a website form
Please see the Sales Tools section of the User Guide for more details.
Tools for Marketing Associates¶
Marketing associates are responsible for growing a business’s customer base. This is sometimes done through email marketing, customer segmentation, and campaign analysis. OroCRM facilitates all of these actions and more by providing:
- Segmentation of a specific set of customers according to nearly any field in OroCRM
- Ability to create dynamic targeted marketing lists that are specific to customer segments
- Ability to send personalized emails using customer data and customizable templates from within OroCRM
- Automatic synchronization of dynamic marketing lists with 3rd-party email marketing platforms, such as Mailchimp or Dotmailer, in order to ensure that your contact list is always up to date
- Tracking of online and offline marketing campaign results in order to study their outcome and effectiveness
See the Marketing Tools section of the User Guide to learn more about how OroCRM can help with marketing-related activities.
Tools for Helpdesk and Support¶
In the retail industry, customer service is critical for customer retention. In fact, most consumers say they view customer service as a true test of how much a company values them. OroCRM can help you maximize customer satisfaction by:
- Integrating with Zendesk or other ticket management systems
- Keeping track of tickets raised by customers so all teams are aware of an account’s status
- Contacting the customer via direct email, voice calls, or a Google Hangout
- Allowing the creation of unique workflows and processes that match your business’s support process
See the Support Tools section of this guide to learn more about how OroCRM can help with support-related activities.
Tools for the System Configurator and Administrator¶
OroCRM is infinitely configurable and comes with tools that will allow you to tailor the system in accordance with your business’s needs. OroCRM also has tools for the day-to-day administration of the system. These tools include:
- Personalizing and localizing the system
- Setting up the organization structure
- Creation and management of user profiles
- Configuration of permissions and access rights with Roles
- Creation and configuration of new and existing entities
- Configuration of workflows
- Ability to set up and manage integrations and extensions (with support from the Oro team for SaaS environments)
See the system System Management and Administration section to learn more about what else administrators can achieve with OroCRM.