Contributing to OroPlatform and OroCRM¶
We would love for you to contribute to our source code and documentation to make our products even better than they are today! The following guidelines and recommendations help synchronize the community actions and provide a blueprint for seamless and non-intrusive collaboration.
Submitting a Question¶
If you have questions about how to use, configure, extend or customize OroPlatform, OroCommerce or OroCRM, please direct these to our community forums:
Submitting a Bug¶
We are using GitHub as a bug tracker. If you find a bug in the source code or a mistake in the documentation, you can help us by submitting an issue to our GitHub repository.
Before Submitting a Bug¶
Before you submit your issue search on GitHub, check whether the same issue has already been reported.
To report security issues, we kindly ask you to follow the steps, described in the Reporting Security Issues section. Please, never post security issues publicly!
Providing the following information will increase the chances of your issue being dealt with quickly:
Clear summary of an issue in its title.
Unambiguous set of steps describing how to reproduce the issue.
Details about your environment:
- Version of the product (is it master? the latest stable version?)
- Extensions you have installed and customizations if you made any
- Server operating system (Windows, Ubuntu, CentOS, RHEL, Fedora, other Linux) version and bitness (32-bit, 64-bit)
- PHP version
- Database (MySQL, PostgreSQL) version
- Web-server (Apache, Nginx) version and how PHP is set up (as a module, or PHP-FPM)
- Client operating system (Windows, Linux, MacOS, iOS, Android) version
- Client browser and version
A screenshot or multiple screenshots of the user interface
Relevant excerpts from the web-server and application log files.
Example of a well defined issue¶
Title: “Inconsistent display of address fields when adding address to the Contact”.
Description: While adding a new address to the contact, some fields in the new address form become mandatory, while all the fields are optional in the initial address form.
Steps to reproduce:
- Navigate to Customers>Contacts, select any Contact and click Edit grid action icon.
- Proceed to Addresses section of Contact Information page and click +Add button.
- A new form will emerge, compare the initial form and the new one.
Expected Result: The new form should be the same as the initial one.
Actual Result: Country, street, city and Zip/Postal Code fields are mandatory in the new form.
Environment: OroCRM 1.10.8, Win10 64x, FireFox 50.1.0
Signing a Contributor License Agreement¶
In order to accept your pull request, we need you to sign the Contributor License Agreement (CLA). You only need to do this once, so if you’ve done this for any of our open source projects, you’re good to go with all of them. If you are submitting a pull request for the first time, our friendly orocla robot will automatically add a reminder to your pull request.