For each customer involved in the business-to-business activity you can create a Business Customer record.
Before You Begin¶
Enable Business Customers¶
Enable business customers in your Oro application via a sales channel:
- Navigate to System > Channels in the main menu.
- Click Create Channel in the top right corner of the page.
- Provide the following information:
- Select the name of the channel to refer to in the system. It is recommended to keep the name meaningful.
- Set the channel type to Sales
- In the Entities section, select Business Customer from the list, and click Add.
- Click Save and Close to save the channel.
Create a New Business Customer¶
In order to create a new business customer in the system:
Go to the Customers>Business Customers in the main menu.
Click Create Business Customer in the top right corner of the page.
The Create Business Customer form will appear:
The following fields are mandatory and must be defined:
Field Description Owner Limits the list of users that can manage the customer to users, whose roles allow managing business customers assigned to the owner (e.g. the owner, members of the same business unit, system administrator, etc.). By default, the user creating the record is chosen. Name The name used to refer to the business customer in the system. Channel Choose one of active sales channels, from which OroCRM will get information on this customer. Account An Account, to which the customer will be assigned. Details of this business customer will then be a part of this account’s details.
The rest of the fields are optional. The fields are added to the system based on general B2B practices, aims and processes and keep additional details of the customer. The optional fields may be left empty.
If you need to collect and process any other details of business customers, custom fields can be created. Their values will be displayed in the Additional section.
Once all the necessary fields have been defined, click Save and Close in the right top corner of the page to save the customer in the system.
Manage Business Customer Records¶
The following actions can be performed with business customer records:
From the list of all business customers:
- Delete a customer from the system :
- Edit the customer :
- View the customer :
From the view page of a specific business customer:
- Get to the Edit form of the customer.
- Delete the customer from the system.
- The rest of the available actions depend on the system settings defined in the Communication & Collaboration section of the Business Customer entity configuration. See step 4 of the Create an Entity action description.
Custom Reports can be added to analyze details of business customers in OroCRM.
Workflows can be created to define rules and guidelines on possible actions/updates of business customers in the system.