This section will cover the following key topics:
Create an Order¶
There are two ways of creating an order in OroCRM:
- From the view page of a Magento customer.
- By converting a cart into an order.
Create an Order from a Magento Customer Page¶
To create an order from the view page of the selected Magento customer:
Navigate to Customers > Magento Customers in the main menu.
Click on the necessary customer to open their view page.
Click Create Order in the top navigation menu on the customer page.
Enter the admin panel of your Magento shop.
Fill in the details in the order form and click Submit Order in the top right corner of the form.
Please, keep in mind that:
- If you do not complete order placement procedure, a shopping cart will be created.
- If you submit the order from the admin panel, an order will be created in OroCRM.
Convert a Shopping Cart into an Order¶
To convert a shopping cart into an order, perform the following steps:
Navigate to Sales > Magento Shopping Carts.
Click on the necessary cart to open its view page. Make sure that the status of such cart is Open.
Click the Place an Order.
Be careful not to confuse the cart status and step of the related workflow. For example, a cart in the Contacted step can still have the Open status (items in the carts have not yet been bought).
View Magento Orders¶
From the Grid
To view all orders, navigate to Sales > Magento Orders in the main menu.
The following information about orders is available:
- Order #
- First Name
- Last name
- Create at
- Updated At
- Total Paid
- Grand Total
- Sub Total
- Billing Country
- Billing State
To manage the columns displayed within the grid, click on the right of the grid, and select the information you wish to be displayed.
To handle big volume of data, use page switcher, increase View Per Page or use filters to narrow down the list to the information you need.
You can view details of each order by:
- Clicking on the selected order from the grid.
- Hovering over the more actions menu to the right of the order and clicking .
From Magento Order View Page
To view details of a specific order:
- Navigate to Sales > Magento Orders in the main menu.
- Find the line with the necessary order in the grid and click on it.
The following page opens:
Within the page, the following sections are available:
- General Information section is for order details, such as who created the order, which website it applies to, the customer’s shipping/billing addresses, telephone, etc.
- Order Items section has the list of products added to the order, and their details.
- Magento Credit Memos section has records of any credit memos related to the order.
- Activity section includes any activities related to the order related to the order, such as attachments, calls, calendar events, notes, emails or tasks (if available).
From the order view page, you can perform the following actions:
Sync Data to synchronize order details. This will upload the latest information for the order from Magento and back (as defined by the synchronization settings).
Under More Actions menu, you can log a call, add an attachment, a note, a task, an event, or send an email.
Record Feedback on the order.
Information for all the orders is updated once in a predefined period (default value is 5 minutes). However, it is strongly recommended to update a specific Cart record before you perform any actions with it.