OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroPlatform OroPlatform – How do I? Questions Array as a data source for Datagrid

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Madhur 8 years ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

Madhur
    Participant

Hi,

I have to write some complex queries for some reports. It involves little bit complex calculation and radian queries. So I was thinking if I can write a query in the controller and assign the resulting array to a datagrid.

Is it possible to assign an array as a datasource to a datagrid? I saw in the documentation that datagrid can retrieve data from different sources (orm, dql, array, etc). But only ORM is implemented.

So how do I assign an array as a datasource to a datagrid?

Thanks and Regards,
    Madhur

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Yevhen Shyshkin
    Participant

Hello.

First solution – you can implement all required components (datasource, sorter, filters, pager etc) to support array usage. For example, see grid implementation for search engine.

Second solution – you can use existing ORM implementation for basic query, and then add calculated fields via listener. In this case you still have ORM-based grid with dynamically added columns.

Third solution – you can simply render grid as plain HTML, not as JS grid component. Feel free to use existing CSS classes.

Madhur
    Participant

Hi Yevhen,

I know I am going to ask something that is not particularly OroCRM, but I found that there is a symfony grid called APYDataGridBundle and it seems to have all the features that OroCRM DataGrid has including filters and sorting.

When I try to use it in a twig template that is extended from OROUIBundle:actions:index.html.twig and use the following code I get an error: A template that extends another one cannot have a body

When I change the code to the following I don’t get any error but the grid is not displayed.

What do I have to do to get the grid displayed? If I use it without extending the OROUIBundle then I don’t get any headers and menus are all gone.

Please help me with this. I will be forever grateful.

Thanks and Regards,
    Madhur

Yevhen Shyshkin
    Participant

If you are trying to use grid defined using APYDataGridBundle – you should check its documentation and code, and then find out why it’s not working. Good place to start is browser console (JS errors) and logs from php and web-server (PHP errors).

If you trying to use OroCRM grid definition with grid from APYDataGridBundle then they will not work because their interfaces are incompatible.

Madhur
    Participant

Hi Yevhen,

Thanks for the tip. It just follows a block scheme that I had to follow.

Thanks for the support, you guys are really great and also creating a great product.

Regards,
    Madhur

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.